Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solar stocks are not collapsing today, this is tesla specific.
fslr is up
sedg is way up
F
Elon specific I believe. I really have no acquaintances that like him whatsoever. Reasonably or not, it doesn’t matter anymore. The pool of haters has grown A lot
TSLA has a target on its back (which has always been the case), but more so since the Twitter purchase.
Welp, if nothing else his fortune being rapidly erased (hopefully) gets his attention back where it belongs. GLTA in weathering this storm...
Seriously, when is the last time Elon has mentioned anything regarding "the mission?" Now, we get stuck, thanks to the Twitter deal, finding out about whether Kanye West is allowed back on Twitter or Kathy Griffin is suspended (ironically - I thought the point was free speech). Cybertruck seems like it was a figment of our imaginations.

Rejoice y'all...We defended $187 :)
toosoon.JPG

If it goes any lower, I will potentially get 13,000 more, meaning I would have doubled my position from 40,000 to 80,000 TSLA shares. Then I am done!
Update, I just added 500 shares at $188 so now I have 75,500. I will keep buying if it goes lower until I have 80,000

@ $600b market cap and $5b expected earnings in Q4 22, Tesla has a P/E of just 30

Incredible for a company growing at 50% per year and with zero debt. And don't forget that all the auto industry "competitors" are loaded up with debt to the hilt and will need to refinance that at new higher rates over 5%, this is what will bankrupt them.

In comparison, Apple has a P/E of 23 and Amazon 82

This stock has become disconnected from reality and has just become a trading vehicle because of all the extrinsic news (noise?). Watching the Level II quotes one can easily see the manipulation and how the stock is getting pinned at certain prices and then brought down by MMs and shorts. Hopefully, actual Tesla news starts coming out and driving the price back up to valuations that represent what the company is actually doing. Until then, unfortunately, traders are in control.
This morning's "target" is $190 (yesterday's was $200). When the stock dares to run over $190, the MMs start working their magic to bring it down (as they just did very easily). Technically the stock is oversold (RSI is 28.02 as I type (below 30 is technically oversold)). Hopefully, TSLA can get above and then stay above $190, but again, traders are in control at the moment.

I mean- he literally does

The CEO had a fiduciary duty owed to shareholders to act in their best interests.

You can certainly debate if what he's doing with twitter (or has done there in the past, or will do in the future) are in the best interests of Tesla shareholders or not-- but he owes that duty to the owners of Tesla nonetheless.
Don’t we owe each others, human beings, the duty to be a decent good person? 😂

F

TSLA has a target on its back (which has always been the case), but more so since the Twitter purchase.

Seriously, when is the last time Elon has mentioned anything regarding "the mission?" Now, we get stuck, thanks to the Twitter deal, finding out about whether Kanye West is allowed back on Twitter or Kathy Griffin is suspended (ironically - I thought the point was free speech). Cybertruck seems like it was a figment of our imaginations.
Remember months ago when the Tesla Master Plan was just about ready. Then Elon got the idea maybe I should buy twitter instead and let my ego and insecurities run wild. Yeah those were the days, the days before the dark times.

I am used to FUD but this is Radio-Canada and this *sugar* is spread by people I pay the salary with my tax dollars. Journalist became just sensationalism and they never discuss how you are the product when you don’t pay and how you are the target of advertisers.

Hmm, and here I thought that English-Television (CBC) was the problem... ;)

Salute!

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I've yet to see a reasonable explanation for this SP. Can we talk about plausible explanations? Due to a lack of SEC filings, we can already rule out the "Elon is selling" theory.

The most prevalent theory I continue to see is the "Twitter overhang." The premise is that people expect Elon will need to sell TSLA sometime in the future, so they're attempting to frontrun that sale with the intent to cover their shorts when he sells. I don't buy this theory because TSLA has been in a steady decline since late September. Sophisticated shorts would attempt to frontrun immediately before they think Elon would sell, so they could cover quickly and make a large return for limited risk. Frontrunning, and then holding onto the short for 2 months would be dumb and expensive.

The conspiratorial part of my mind wants to think that there are some wealthy individuals attempting to crash TSLA as some sort of revenge for buying Twitter. There still seems to be a misconception that if TSLA falls low enough, Elon may default on some of his loans. But last we heard, he's not using margin-loans: Elon Musk Ditches Tesla-Backed Loans as Part of His Twitter Takeover This would be some extremely expensive revenge, and there are probably easier and cheaper ways to spend it (see all the astroturfing on social-media, or whoever's backing Dan O'Dowd).

Next is some sort of sense of key-man risk. But fundamentally I don't think Elon's behavior has changed much. He's always been impulsive and obstinate, and those are some of the qualities that have led him to success.

And the last theory worth discussing is just whether the tech bubble has burst, and TSLA is a leading indicator. The Fed overdid interest rate increases, market indicators are flashing red, and TSLA is the canary in the coalmine. We all know that TSLA was worth every penny at the ATH, but skeptics may be offloading their TSLA shares in anticipation of a deeper recession.

Thoughts?

This morning's "target" is $190 (yesterday's was $200). When the stock dares to run over $190, the MMs start working their magic to bring it down (as they just did very easily). Technically the stock is oversold (RSI is 28.02 as I type (below 30 is technically oversold)). Hopefully, TSLA can get above and then stay above $190, but again, traders are in control at the moment.

As long as the traders are in control they'll likely keep walking us down even further. Lots of stop losses they'd love to hit.

I hate to say it, but unless TSLA gets some new positive volume coming in soon, Chicken's prediction of $140 could be on the table, or at least close to it. Especially if the market gets even worse overall.