Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although Fred seems to have jumped on the FUD train, this sounds disappointing if true. And I suspect he meant “en masse”, not “in mass”.

OT
I had this happen to me last week. I am in Colorado. After numerous delays, they did a second site survey last week. Four hours after they sent me the email canceling me. I really wanted the panels and 2-3 powerwalls. I will have to wait and see now.

What delay? They're going to start production mid 2023. Would like to see an order and specifications page go up, but that will happen soon. I know it's hard to be patient, but be patient!
I named my Model 3 Patience because that is what she taught me after a nearly 3 year wait. It's Tesla. It's a brand new product. It will be well worth it in the end.

Dan

Okay, this just showed up on Teslarati

... and the first thing that came to mind! was imagining a herd of 100 or more Tesla FSD Beta vehicles gathering and joining in voluntarily, just for fun.

Like photo-bombing, or a flash-mob. :cool:
Ha! Have you read the comments on that article? Hilarious, almost all are questioning why Tesla isn't included. One reason is that Nissan and GM build cars in Tennessee and Toyota builds engines there. Plus, even though there are no true autonomous vehicles built there, autonomous vehicles are legal in Tennessee.

Looks like Vanderbilt wants some contributions...

Last edited:
Here we go, be careful everyone with margin and options

Ok, these analysts are paid what? So these guys really go deep in the numbers... Opportunities/threads analyze at a high level so they can get to a real quantifiable price target? Of course no off the cuff shouting, no emotion. you really need to show how you come to that number to your clients in order to have real added value.

pfffff

One more reply to a longtime Tesla supporter who fought FUD on Seeking Alpha for years:

I've seen articles claiming that Elon eliminated all identity verification on Twitter (which is false), that he opened Twitter to hate speech (false), that he is a Nazi sympathizer, etc. etc. etc.

If you still think this Twitter-specific FUD is "propelled by Elon's words and actions, nothing more," then your eyes are not open.
Elon buying Twitter, selling TSLA to fund it, posting insane things, etc., are all his real words and actions that propel the media FUD. Of course they amplify the negative, that's the whole point of FUD. I don't know how to explain this in any more simple terms. He's giving the enemy more ammunition and they will use it.

New Twitter verification system working well I see:

9C3C18B4-1C35-44D2-877D-C0F845457CAD.jpeg

Basically anyone with $8 to spare can fake any brand/company/person they want now, post anything they please, and all they are risking is $8 and a throwaway account getting banned.

Last edited:
Ok I follow the big guy in selling. sold 40 today to pay for the purchases I ordered earlier this year. Need to sell a similar amount in December and then I am done for the year.

it has been a strange year with lots of expected and unexpected costs. Could not buy, just sell. It was a pity I did not cash in the 350-400 range. I bought at an average of $19. So…OK. Hopefully, next year will be financially better do I can be a regular buyer again.

View attachment 873358

Basically anyone with $8 to spare can fake any brand/company/person they want now, post anything they please, and all they are risking is $8 and a throwaway account getting blocked.
I have replied in the correct thread:- Elon & Twitter

A little OT, but not much...

After looking at Tesla's future competition in the US, the vehicles that I believe may be the toughest for Tesla are Hyundai/Kia and the coming vehicles from Foxconn. Hyundai especially has an awesome car coming next year, the Ioniq 6. Good looking, 380 miles per charge, nice interior and Hyundai knows how to make BEV's, a lot of them. Kia's EV6 is kind of a more compact version of the Ioniq 6, nice little car. And both are quite affordable.

But the real dark horse IMHO is Foxconn. They're buying the Lordstown factory in Ohio which has 500,000 vehicle capacity. And they've got some killer prototypes, 3 of which they recently showed off in the attached presentation. Now you may discount them because they primarily make iPhones, but they know manufacturing and that's easily adaptable to BEV's. They have plants in Taiwan, China, are building in India, and they're soon to be worldwide. Their model C and especially model E (damn them all to hell) are true Tesla competition!

Check out this presentation and the article in DriveTeslaCanada:

Last edited:

View attachment 873358

Basically anyone with $8 to spare can fake any brand/company/person they want now, post anything they please, and all they are risking is $8 and a throwaway account getting banned.

As well as a throwaway credit card and throw away phone number. This is fun for a prank, but they'll soon run out of CCs, $$ and patience. Within a couple of weeks, I see this "problem" going away.

This joke falsely suggests that Twitter is "fine" with their problems (which certainly predate Elon's purchase). The truth, which you surely know, is Elon and his team are working very hard to fix the problems, and have just gotten started.

Your post reminds me of the FUD you used to fight on SA, while you simultaneously assert that Elon is "propelling" such FUD. Apparently you are not willing to give him a chance to do what he has done with his many previous endeavors. This is disappointing to me.

I'm concerned that long term damage is being done to the company. I hope I'm very wrong.
What I wonder is why Elon is not socially smart enough to say the right things and get the wind at his back and create a constant FUD barrier. Elon defending BS is fine but creating it is foolish. Let me guess, people here think it's great and he has no issues. Watch the thumbs down for the predictable list:) Rant over. Paid my $8 for now.

He's certainly more bearish than he was a few months ago, same for many Wall Street investors. Seems to me like this new negative sentiment might offset some of the positivity we were hoping would come from the credit upgrade, which many hoped would bring in new institutional investors.

We need new buying volume to overcome the day traders who currently control TSLA for their option plays. Without it we will keep being manipulated, and if new volume does not come (for whatever reasons) then we will be hard pressed to break out.

Time might erode this negative sentiment, but Elon needs to stop refreshing their memories for that to happen! 😉

Elon buying Twitter, selling TSLA to fund it, posting insane things, etc., are all his real words and actions that propel the media FUD. Of course they amplify the negative, that's the whole point of FUD. I don't know how to explain this in any more simple terms. He's giving the enemy more ammunition and they will use it.
Sorry, no. Verified words and actions are facts. They are not positive or negative. Those are opinions.

FUD makers can take any facts (or even hearsay) and spin it into what our emotions and feelings interpret as negative, or positive.

Let the FUD be the noise and realize that feelings come from our ego according to our own unprocessed trauma and fears.

I'm not a therapist so I can't help much more, although I do highly recommend the Holistic Psychologist.