Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mod: 23 posts about FSD with no relevance to the company or the stock summarily deleted. Some large number of posts about twitter moved (by some NICE mod -- not me!) to the more appropriate thread. Some of those deleted (by me) for being too political even there. 26 reports! (To you-know-who-you-are, just report the first few and we'll clean up from there, when we get there.)
--ggr
Gah. Forgot FSD is mostly OT. Thanks.

A bunch of people are selling their shares to buy LEAPs, won't this exaggerate the decline?
Isn’t the irony rich?

They are essentially shorting the stock today to buy options to purchase shares in a couple years.

Not necessarily, because the MM need to delta hedge the calls they sell by buying shares.

The Tesla effect:
Jaguar announces that they want to reduce the amount of Jaguar dealers in Belgium from 25 to 5 within 2 year.
Dealers are angry.

They must have been sleeping.
Other countries and brands will follow with this dealer's death struggle.
It's never nice when people lose their jobs, but this process is wide and inevitable.

15K would substantiate a storyline of solid China demand.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading that you would like confirmation there isn't a demand problem in China. I thought I could trust that you know who has been propagating the China demand problem. But apparently, they are more effective than I gave them credit for.

As an investor I have found it pays big dividends to ignore rumors and focus on things I actually know. Since a demand problem in China goes against everything I do know, I do not put any credence in the rumors of a demand problem. The number of Tesla sold into the Chinese market has been miniscule compared to what natural demand should be. Tesla has shown no sign of taking extraordinary steps to stimulate demand. China is a huge country and will buying millions more Tesla before demand is a serious concern. Along the way Tesla will lower prices to increase their addressable market to numbers that will boggle your mind.

You have been played by the naysayers and the FUDsters.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading that you would like confirmation there isn't a demand problem in China. I thought I could trust that you know who has been propagating the China demand problem. But apparently, they are more effective than I gave them credit for.

As an investor I have found it pays big dividends to ignore rumors and focus on things I actually know. Since a demand problem in China goes against everything I do know, I do not put any credence in the rumors of a demand problem. The number of Tesla sold into the Chinese market has been miniscule compared to what natural demand should be. Tesla has shown no sign of taking extraordinary steps to stimulate demand. China is a huge country and will buying millions more Tesla before demand is a serious concern. Along the way Tesla will lower prices to increase their addressable market to numbers that will boggle your mind.

You have been played by the naysayers and the FUDsters.
Would you mind giving me us reminder of what you know contrary to the FUDs? Much appreciated!

Would you mind giving me us reminder of what you know contrary to the FUDs? Much appreciated!

The FUD is weak medicine. Tesla has a long history of rapidly adjusting prices to suit the current demand and the company has insights into China demand that we could only dream of having access to. Watch what Tesla does, not what the FUDsters propose.

if it really is easy to manipulate TSLA, it seems at this point there would be a lot more money to be made manipulating it up instead of down

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Seriously, there is no reason to manipulate it up until it won't go down any further. That could be as soon as tomorrow, or not. It depends upon morale.

The FUD is weak medicine. Tesla has a long history of rapidly adjusting prices to suit the current demand and the company has insights into China demand that we could only dream of having access to. Watch what Tesla does, not what the FUDsters propose.

Another factor is the number of boatloads of Tesla's on the water:- 2022 Shipping Movements