Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I for one am glad to see this. It explains some/much of the SP weakness this week.

I still don't understand why Elon sells on the open market rather than through a block sale with an investment bank. I'm sure he has his reasons, but I fail to see any upside.

Agreed.

Do we ever think this will end? Are we cursed forever now to have Elon selling his TSLA shares to prop up Twitter? Surely at some point this must stop, right? 😔

Yeah, I got disagrees for stating this but with that level of volume it only makes sense.

I am concerned that the word “epic” doesn’t always mean “amazingly good”. It just may mean “stunning”.

Kudos to the folks who hinted that Elon was selling.

So it was not S&P rebalancing, MM doing extremely impossible items like making it land right at S&P rebalancing, split prices yada yada. #PREDICT

Sometimes simple explanation is the right explanation.

tweeting long term benefits of Tesla while selling ... wow :)

OOPs tslaqKing did it again :)

Last edited:
But he just raised 4 billion a couple of months ago. Was that not to remove some of the debt? Do we actually have solid numbers on how much this debt is?

It also doesn't do anything to fix the uncertainties in Q4. If his that concerned about a coming recession his probably seeing it reflected in Tesla sales. If the sales were still flying off the shelf he wouldn't have the same tune. He also would of raised this money earlier like his last batch of sales when it was trading in the 200's.
I think this line of thinking/logic is what made many people incorrectly guess that Elon was not selling this week.

IMHO, I don't think Elon gives two seconds of thought as to stock price and trying to optimize stock sales at high prices. He sells when he feels he needs to raise cash. In this case, I could imagine him after owning Twitter for a couple of months and seeing the financials, needing to raise cash to lower the debt and debt interest burden. His TSLA sales window was about to close on him for about 6 weeks, so he sold.

Unless he tweets tonight that he's done selling (for now at least) we'll have a free falling SP tomorrow.

At this point it doesn't matter what he says. He's stated several times now that he is "done selling" only to sell more shares a bit later on.

Who can believe him now? The boy can only cry wolf so many times before all credibility on the matter is lost....

This unpredictability is exactly why institutional investors shy away from our stock. Who can freaking blame them?!?!?

Last edited:
Lol here is a TSLAQ Super bearish narrative one can draw up.

Elon is done with Tesla and selling electric cars. He sees FSD Is too hard and is done making and selling cars and being in the car industry. His cashing out all his shares slowly to get into something more fun like Twitter while handing the bags to everyone else.

It'll be one for the history books.

Just an interesting and nihilistic approach to what has been happening the last few months.

Unless he tweets tonight that he's done selling (for now at least) we'll have a free falling SP tomorrow.
I'm not sure about that. As others have pointed out, this is his SOP for stock sales. Sell for three days and report all 3 days of sales on one S4. If this holds, he's done selling. Traders should know this. If anything, this might relieve the selling pressure we've seen this week. The SP being so low, this might cause some buying pressure.

Or am I an idiotic optimist?