Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For reference. 10yr Fed Funds rate graph

1671747621862.png

Declining to say much about the 30K model. Just says Tesla has an exciting product release roadmap and that they recognize the need to put out affordable cars. Has consistently said the cost of debt is lowering demand, which again leads me to believe they will lower prices, possibly significantly, if that's what is needed to move units. As someone else said, he even said earlier they might even be willing to dip into slightly negative margins.

When TSLA gets back to 160, I would sell 200 CCs and buy 120/100 put spreads expiring in March. Either you lose your shares @ 200 or get $20 per share as cushion for your account in the end with $0 upfront cost. I would do this only if my account was constantly on the verge of getting margin calls. 160 is just a good spot to start hedging. In June 2019, once we have bounced from the low @ 12, we ran all the way up to the 200 weekly SMA before pulling back. Right now that SMA is at 160. I'm making this plan without knowing what P&D will look like but will update once we do know.
I'm only using emotional margin, which gets called every 5 minutes recently... but no, no margin for me, if I had gone down that route I would likely have been wiped-out years ago. As it was I got wise to leverage too, but came away relatively unscathed, played with put spreads a little last year at the right moment Sep-Oct, realised the immense risk and stopped a few weeks before the Tax Poll, Elon selling and the beginning of this long, hellish decline

I think the end of quarter numbers will be light from what most analysts are predicting, even the bullish ones. I do think Tesla might do well with gross margins as Elon has said that he sees the recent inflation numbers coming down ... but that still leaves us with almost a month of negative news stories that could drive this price down sub $100 ..... hard to believe. This is, by far, the worst downturn I've experienced in any stock and Ive been in the market for almost 30 years. I thought it was bad when I held AAPL and watched it go down 50% for about a year before recovering to new highs but this one is tougher.

1) Down almost 70% from highs
2) Management at Tesla is questionable at this point (That's really not debatable, Elon's a wildcard)

When I held AAPL , I was as confident as could be and it turned out fine .... I wish I could say the same about TSLA but this one has me really shaken.

I'm still way up from my initial investment but I've lost several fortunes in the last 12-16 months.

Hope everyone is hanging in there .....
I also suffered through both the AAPL and TSLA declines. They were equally painful and unsettling. One is just much more recent.

I missed a lot of the AAPL rebound and I hope to reap more of TSLA’s rebound, but I’ve learned not to try to catch a falling knife.

Patience is the path.