Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no problem with this.

I just don’t think he’s a good fit for the board.
Gerber seems slow. Too slow for the speed at this point, tho he seemed humble.
Gary Black, whom I heard for the first time was PHANTASTIC and no frills. Same for Jay "Special Situations" guy. Incredible fast and structured.

Last edited:
might be a great time to be selling puts now. I am indecisive about which dates though. Can someone give me some ideas? I have a lot of dry powder that I am hoping to get assigned all the while I collect these high IV premiums. IV is all time highs of the year

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 00.34.04.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
No, you´re getting it wrong. He did not sound bearish. He just wants to get an idea how hard recession hits and then stock buyback will happen. He said they are the best prepared automaker out there facing the stormy weather. Debt free and with flexibility pricewise. So I guess raising prices the last months was incredibly smart and forseeing. It´s still about ramping up EVERYTHING at scale, that´s why they´re into Lithium refining @Corpus Christy within the next two years. This and the stop of stock sale by him sounds finally promising.
You don't think the points raised by Elon summarized in the tweet below could be termed “bearish”???

DA1FDB81-95D3-4469-8D6F-7A2A77681899.jpeg

This is Fake news. Didi You listen to the chat?
It was NOT AT ALL presented in the way You try to imply. He has no problems with Trans people, he just feels that behind the pronouncing pressure people hide behind this and sometimes behave like a-holes due to the given spotlight at this point of time. Could be almost said about anyone.
That´s a subjective statement but doesn´t imply racism right wing attidude.
Elon was tired but pretty reasonable.
I think you missed my point.

Thanks for that.

For everyone’s reference, Elon said earlier on the Twitter spaces: “Who would own stock when fed rate is paying a higher return?”

Which of course ignores the many reasons why people would still own stocks in that environment, and have done for many many periods of fed rates at that rate in the past.
I 1st started investing in the stock market when interest rates were much higher. I still remember how my wife and I scrambled to sell the condo we gutted in Chicago to build "the dream house" in the burbs. Why? Well we could get a mortgage under 10%. People thought that wouldnt last long. That was in the early 90s. I was heavily invested in the stock market with every dime of savings that we didnt need in a couple years.

I was busy and couldn’t listen to the Twitter Space starring Elon, so I thank the various running notes reporters. Taking a step back, it is remarkably unusual and appreciated that Elon would step out into the public arena and engage with shareholders through such a forum. Quite amazing really 4 days after being in Qatar.

Does anyone know how he happened to get roped into doing it?

Maybe if he did these every 2 months or so he could skip the pretty useless ER conference calls.

I was busy and couldn’t listen to the Twitter Space starring Elon, so I thank the various running notes reporters. Taking a step back, it is remarkably unusual and appreciated that Elon would step out into the public arena and engage with shareholders through such a forum. Quite amazing really 4 days after being in Qatar.

Does anyone know how he happened to get roped into doing it?

Maybe if he did these every 2 months or so he could skip the pretty useless ER conference calls.
He just randomly joined the space

I'm sure the comment about Tesla lowering prices to increase demand, to the point of negative margins, will be plastered all over the news for the week as a negative and the SP will go lower. But in reality, it should be the largest "Oh Sh!t" moment for every other automaker on the planet, because if Tesla lowers prices to the point of no profit, every other automaker will have no way to match them and compete without going bankrupt very fast!

I'm sure the comment about Tesla lowering prices to increase demand, to the point of negative margins, will be plastered all over the news for the week as a negative and the SP will go lower. But in reality, it should be the largest "Oh Sh!t" moment for every other automaker on the planet, because if Tesla lowers prices to the point of no profit, every other automaker will have no way to match them and compete without going bankrupt very fast!
I honestly don't see this happening at all. The IRA is a life boat and good thing it exist. Leasing might increase if people wants the IRA tax credit discount upfront.

Me three. I bought 10 chairs at $124. Of course I recognize the SP may go lower still, but I want to someday show my grandchildren (if I’m lucky enough to have any) that at the end of 2022, with Tesla ramping on three continents, it was possible to buy TSLA below $125. That should be a good teachable moment.
I am still sitting on 50 perc of my ROTH conversion money. I have been cost averaging in, and probably go all in some time before the end of the year.