Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed the LR Model 3 says available in 2023 when you try to order. Did not noticed this before so it looks like they will bring back for ordering in January.

View attachment 889219
Been like this a couple of months.

Best bet is the LR will be reduced in price to fit under the $55K IRA cap for sedans. So they didnt want to price cars expected to be delivered in 2023 for the new price.

Indeed, Elon is not a share owner (does not control them) as reported by Form 4 until post-exercise.

So, would it be in the ball park to est Elon's cost to execute all his tranches at ~8B? And further, his income tax bill if SP at exercise ~$95 would be about $10B?

Gee, he could do that in cash if he 'flipped the bird' (nose to the grindstone, ol' son)...

... and that'd be thumbing his nose at Wall St. ;)

Cherry!

So Jan production in China has to do with the Chinese New Year? What a cheap shot. :D

But guess what? 2023 is the Year of the Rabbit. Do you know what rabbits do? Yup, go fast and multiply like crazy!

FYI... "2023 Lunar New Year falls on January 22nd. The public holiday lasts from January 21st to January 27th, during which the New Year's Eve on January 21st and the New Year's Day on January 22nd are the peak time of celebration."

Right now the market cap is $357billion. The largest corporate acquisition in history would not look out of place at $300billion.

And if you only wanted to buy 51% of Tesla (at today's market cap) that would be ~$175billion.

(Total hypothetical. We all know the stock price would rocket upwards if others acknowledged Tesla is attractive enough to take over)

I think it will crash quick once it breaks thru 100 but I still have feeling it will settle down around mid 70’s. We’ll pick up a few before then and then settle in for the long haul again.

Elon seems to be making less headlines the last week or so. Possibly a good sign and maybe a sign he has recognized the damage that the brand has been taking lately.

All jmho. Safe travels on those roads folks.

I think it will crash quick once it breaks thru 100 but I still have feeling it will settle down around mid 70’s. We’ll pick up a few before then and then settle in for the long haul again.

Elon seems to be making less headlines the last week or so. Possibly a good sign and maybe a sign he has recognized the damage that the brand has been taking lately.

Q - what evidence do you have that says the Tesla brand is taking damage lately?

I know you're trying to be helpful, but actually, we're not all hurting. I've got a considerable investment in TSLA, but have not lost even 1 minute's sleep over this. I find it quite ludicrous, even curious. But it (SP drop) makes zero sense in the medium to long run. To put it bluntly; it's ridiculous.

If this were a one time event, it would be quite the eye opener. But how many times have these severe stock price swings occurred over the lifetime of TSLA? I've made several big mistakes in exiting Apple, Netflix, Amazon, and others in my early years of investing, when they went through these sorts of gyrations. I will not fall for that again. Not for a second.

All indications are that TSLA is a winner on a major scale. If indicators change at some point, then perhaps it's a different story. But right now it's TSLA for the win. Eyes wide open. TSLA SP aside, what do we see?
The problem now is that many are saying that Tesla should be valued as car company, with much lower P/E ratio, just like ford and GM. If that is true, then TSLA will be $20

anyone notice the odd trading at open. its a runup then a rollover back down. same thing happened on friday too.

usually when you see that it tells me there is pump and dumping going on. I bet Elon himself is doing it and using the runups to dump more stock. usually that will be accompanied by a big rug pull and the stock will crater huge, only then it is safe to buy. i would not buy this yet at all. wait till a super heavy volume day where it capiulates down

Yeah, 123.15 - 10% = 110.83 so that's just a buck down from here to the curcuit breaker...

Ordinarily, you'd expect shortzes to avoid pushing that far, but today a lot of the vol (80M by 11:00) is coming from capitulation, so those folks at least may not be concerned with tomorrow's trading if they're getting out today:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-12-27.11-20.png

Last edited:
The problem now is that many are saying that Tesla should be valued as car company, with much lower P/E ratio, just like ford and GM. If that is true, then TSLA will be $20

Err wut?
I dont think so. Even if you cast a magic spell destroying the energy business, FSD and the bot, even just as a car company, even without autopilot, even without any supercharger revenue and zero connectivity subscription revenue...you want to cut the current stock price by 80% and give them a P/E of 6?

Nope.

And that assumes zero growth,

Buys/Girls...take a beat. The whole market is down badly, NIO is down the same amount last I looked. This is no big deal. I have 10,000 shares and don't plan on selling a single one below 250, and no real number of them until 400.
Just hang in there.
I am DEFINTELY going to buy more once i see 3 straight days of SP growth.

Or less people were paying attention during the holidays spending more time with family and off of social media.

Yeah, 123.15 - 10% = 110.83 so that's just a buck here down to the curcuit breaker...

Ordinarily, you'd expect shortzes to avoid pushing that far, but today a lot of the vol (80M by 11:00) is coming from capitulation, so may not be concerned with tomorrow's trading if they're getting out today:

View attachment 889234
check the short % on TSLA. it is .25% meaning there are barely any shorts vs. total shares. in other words TSLA is NOT a heavily shorted stock vs. other stocks. example it has the same short interest as SPY, MSFT and BAC.

also once it hits down 10% you no longer are allowed to short the bid, however you still can short on the offer.. so it doesn't mean what you think it means. although yes it is generally a good mechanism to slow down the drop