Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checking the News 'Headlines' there are already hit pieces posted from Lora on CNBC and Jack Ewing on the NYT. Skimmed them both and they of course paint an excessively negative image IMO, as expected. Always wondered why anyone that knows these sources routinely have such an agenda against Tesla and shape the news accordingly would be willing to return to these 'news' sources on any other subject. No links posted to these articles for obvious reasons.

Anybody else read this tweet the way I did?

I keep seeing people say that "Enabled anyone in North America who has purchased FSD to request FSD Beta, reaching 285k cars total" means that FSD Beta is now on 285k cars. I don't think so. I think all they're saying is that 285k cars can now get FSD Beta if they want to. They've been "enabled".

If there were really so many actual new users of FSD Beta, we'd be seeing far more traffic about it. And the number of stories about accidents would have at least doubled just from having more vehicles out there. We've seen none of that.

Anyway, anybody know different?
I requested FSD beta as soon as they got rid of the score requirement (like ~ two months ago). It still shows as requested but not installed yet. The car is connected to WiFi every day. So maybe we're "enabled" but we're not getting it.

Checking the News 'Headlines' there are already hit pieces posted from Lora on CNBC and Jack Ewing on the NYT. Skimmed them both and they of course paint an excessively negative image IMO, as expected. Always wondered why anyone that knows these sources routinely have such an agenda against Tesla and shape the news accordingly would be willing to return to these 'news' sources on any other subject. No links posted to these articles for obvious reasons.

Collectively, we are the biggest bulls out there and we're disappointed and negative. I imagine the bears are ecstatic.

And is that a problem? At least for Norway there has only been deliveries for the 5-6 last weeks on each quarter.

With them now wanting to have a smoother delivery schedule the number of cars in transit/inventory has to increase. Today it’s only about 10% of the quarters production.
How many left to deliver in Norway and how many more will arrive in January for delivery? From the online trackers seemed the last few days of year Norway deliveries started to drop off.

My personal financial decisions regarding Tesla came about when the CEO wasnt coming across daily as a liar. Like many have said he isnt being a good captain of the Tesla ship. He and Tesla board knew the macro environment and yet instead of simply taking Twitter and running it he had to come out and be a master sugar poster and liar.

The signal for whether he's a liar and a crook is how many people Tesla (and the resf of his companies) are recruiting successfully on an ongoing basis and sustaining as employees. Tesla and SpaceX are the most sought after companies to work for in the US and the world.

Yes, including an additional count of between 50-100 vehicles would have made a huge difference - NOT.

And Megapacks are not vehicles. This report is strictly about vehicle production and delivery. Perhaps it would have been nice to have the Semi listed, but the quantity delivered is immaterial.

As time goes on, the report will become more and more immaterial. The only production and deployment that reflects Tesla's true business model is production of batteries and where they were used, be it storage or vehicles. Treating Tesla as strictly a vehicle manufacturer is quickly becoming more and more irrelevant.
Immaterial to near term SP, but not when we want to see if Semi is a real product and truly units getting into the field and I dont just mean a couple. We heard 36 units at one time to Pepsi. Is that real? We dont know.

Reactions: gabeincal
Someone mentioned this above, but I haven’t seen the actual announcement posted yet.

1672682110090.png

Factory tours should be good. Hopefully those outside the event will be able to get a virtual tour, last time they let people tour facilities at the Semi event there was a “No Photographs” policy which I‘m fine with. But it would be nice for those of us streaming to get some tidbits too.

Immaterial to near term SP, but not when we want to see if Semi is a real product and truly units getting into the field and I dont just mean a couple. We heard 36 units at one time to Pepsi. Is that real? We dont know.
I'm sure it will be discussed during financials. Plus did you see the other press release this morning? Investor Day on March 1st? I expect we'll hear a lot of announcements in the coming 3 months... have patience my friend.

Because these numbers are bad, really bad without any explanation. If they gave leeway to people at end of Quarter to push delivery into 2023 for IRA say that. If they shut down China production because of COVID situation, like sick workers, people delaying delivery because of COVID situation, etc. etc. then say it.

Without the discounting, who'd have bought a car in December?

Exactly. Huge discounts at the end of the quarter should be seen as a red flag, not "they are going to make an awesome quarter even more awesome!". While it makes sense for US because of the new tax breaks, it should still have been seen as a red flag that deliveries were going to be a big problem.

Reactions: petit_bateau