Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full page cover article in New York Times Magazine today on FSD and Musk. It's not as slanted as it might have been but it features 3 large color photos of crashed Teslas. The overarching theme is that drivers don't realize that FSD isn't level 5 and are therefor dangerous to themselves and others. The only way anyone could think FSD doesn't need close supervision is if they never used it! I can't predict if it will help or hurt the stock price tomorrow.
Tesla gets a lot of noise despite instructing drivers to have their hands on the wheel at all times and to be ready to take over.
"Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability are intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any moment"
But GMC Sierra Denali does a commercial with drivers having their hands off the wheel yet no noise for them:

Tesla gets a lot of noise despite instructing drivers to have their hands on the wheel at all times and to be ready to take over.
"Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability are intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any moment"
But GMC Sierra Denali does a commercial with drivers having their hands off the wheel yet no noise for them:

FWIW Supercruise is explicitly designed to be hands off, and has much better, dedicated, driver monitoring hardware in the vehicle to support that than Tesla does....

It's a functionally inferior system in terms of driving capabilities that works in far fewer places, and net costs a lot more to own too... but in that one regard it's ahead of Tesla here.

Certainly wouldn't trade systems with them, but I can understand why they focus on that in advertising since it's the biggest thing it has going for it.

Last edited:

That’s because they feed the media machine as appeasement.

Blood of lamb on their door.

I find these types of analysis trying to unearth some future trends and direction based on past trends just by looking at the graph, pretty silly and useless. I can conjure up any kind of future just playing with my finger on wiggly lines on a magic touch screen .
Read my book. It explains why technical analysis works.

Hmmm. I wonder how this will affect Norway’s transition to EV’s. Ferry’s and EV’s are kind of a way of life there.

Yeah this is part of our northern transport route and seems to be of breach of the spirit of their contract with the state. If not actual breach. My guess is someone will tell them to figure it out or decide to go bankrupt. They are a state funded ferry service not accepting cars currently.

But I guess we’ll see in a little bit of time. The mayor’s of the towns they’re skipping are already screaming bloody murder.

I do have FSD and use it 90% of the time. The issue I have is that Tesla does not show money where its mouth is. It is not an apreciating asset. Give 100% trade in value for FSD and people will start trading in for new cars. It will show the world it believes in FSD and Robotaxi. The way Tesla is treating people now shows that Tesla does not believe in the value of FSD, despite all the words from Elon Musk.
One, of many reasons, why I intend (can never read the future) to hang onto my May 2018 build TM3 with paid FSD for at least 10 years.

Worst case scenario and my battery somehow becomes problematic after the eight year warranty period, it would be cheaper for me to simply get a new battery than to pony up for whatever FSD would cost me after 2026.

Yeah this is part of our northern transport route and seems to be of breach of the spirit of their contract with the state. If not actual breach. My guess is someone will tell them to figure it out or decide to go bankrupt. They are a state funded ferry service not accepting cars currently.

But I guess we’ll see in a little bit of time. The mayor’s of the towns they’re skipping are already screaming bloody murder.
Informative. Wow. Yah, not a good idea to not transport EV’s in the country with the highest adaptation rates in the world. 😊

Full page cover article in New York Times Magazine today on FSD and Musk. It's not as slanted as it might have been but it features 3 large color photos of crashed Teslas. The overarching theme is that drivers don't realize that FSD isn't level 5 and are therefor dangerous to themselves and others. The only way anyone could think FSD doesn't need close supervision is if they never used it! I can't predict if it will help or hurt the stock price tomorrow.
That ran on Friday morning, so I doubt it would have much if any impact Mondy.
It was an interesting one. He clearly went in with bias, and applied it a bunch. But everyone he interviewed seemed smart and was in favor of the FSD program. The obligatory crash pictures peppered throughout it helped with the bias... along with the way he tries to explain away the positive safety data. But I did enjoy his assertion that teslas tend to want to crash into police cars.

I must admit, I don’t road trip, so I haven’t kept up to date on the SC buildout in the “Texaplex”. I took a look today, and I am smacked.

Can you imagine what OEMs would pay for a 24/7 reliable infrastructure like this?

E92735F9-3BE2-439E-9DE4-AFCCE318324C.jpeg

I realize this is nothing special compared to Cali, but not bad for the heart of Mordor.

Edit: for context, I would guess that >40% of the state’s population is contained in this area, around 12 million people.

In related news, a local BMW dealership closed. Guess who’s building a new showroom/service center there?
🕺🕺🕺

Last edited:
I feel that FUD around FSD and AP has lost its power to affect the SP ove the last year or so. Happy to be proven wrong but my recollection is that the BS story about the Tesla that went into a tree ‘with nobody driving it’ in which the two occupants died had almost no effect on the SP.
For the most part investors have started ignoring the media on FUD & lies being spewed against Tesla and Musk. That ship has sailed. The target audience for these articles is not the retail or institutional investors, but govt 3 and 4 letter agencies, and the general public in the market for a new car.

The whole idea is to put pressure on NHTSA, NTSB, SEC and the other agencies controlled by the current Biden administration and democratic politicians (Buttigieg), and also to scare prospective customers.

Media is screaming, "SOMEONE DO SOMETHING AND STOP THIS GUY. HE IS RUINING OUR BUSINESS"

Last edited: