Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming that Sato-sama wants to change things, he will still have a lot of status quo to overcome. Very difficult in an established company--just look at VW and Diess. If he can cut through the bureaucracy he has a chance.
It is good to remember that VAG and Toyota are very different. VAG tends towards quite fiercely defended fiefdoms and nearly independent specialties while Toyota is much more directed towards cooperation towards common goals, with a highly ingrained model fo continuous improvement. The Toyota methodologies do tends towards incrementalism, but they do regularly challenge their status quo. Obviously that has inhibited major changes, such as reluctance to have BEV. Perhaps their largest strategic issue is that when they depart from their own strengths, they sometimes don't maintain enough control. When they're determined, as in Prius, they can innovate with stellar results.

VAG, sadly, has never quite managed continuous process improvement so do have fairly regular disappointments in quality or product. Their record reflects that, but their strengths tend to be in areas where repackaging exists technology works well, such as the Golf, Bugatti Veyron and everything in between sharing common specifications that let them use many iodentical parts. That is huge benefit for ICE. Nothing like that has happened thus far with BEV.

“V shaped” recovery starting to form. So far it’s just a reverse check mark ✔️ we have a ways yet.

View attachment 900373

Maybe half before March 1st and half after?

@Artful Dodger assured me this will happen in the next 2 weeks. But I’m ok with a slightly more measured pace.

I have a hunch we won't truly recover until after the Fed starts lowering rates, and that probably won't be until later in the year or early next year.

It's just my feeling though, I could be very wrong of course!

HODL and playing DEAD. So don't even need to be on TMC all the time ;)

All original shares intact. Piggy bank shares converted to leaps are down 80-90%, but giving it a year or so, ... cheers!!
Hard to stay in the coffin on days like this ;) Portfolio on autopilot/FSD which was well trained by the Neural Nets of TMC.

cheers y'all!!

It is good to remember that VAG and Toyota are very different. VAG tends towards quite fiercely defended fiefdoms and nearly independent specialties while Toyota is much more directed towards cooperation towards common goals, with a highly ingrained model fo continuous improvement. The Toyota methodologies do tends towards incrementalism, but they do regularly challenge their status quo. Obviously that has inhibited major changes, such as reluctance to have BEV. Perhaps their largest strategic issue is that when they depart from their own strengths, they sometimes don't maintain enough control. When they're determined, as in Prius, they can innovate with stellar results.

VAG, sadly, has never quite managed continuous process improvement so do have fairly regular disappointments in quality or product. Their record reflects that, but their strengths tend to be in areas where repackaging exists technology works well, such as the Golf, Bugatti Veyron and everything in between sharing common specifications that let them use many iodentical parts. That is huge benefit for ICE. Nothing like that has happened thus far with BEV.
What is your view of the Lexus vs. Toyota approach to BEVs? Is there more to it than price/brand segmentation and the desire to protect the massive hybrid franchise? To what extent is Toyota constrained by government guidance these days as it once was?

I just hate these boring +3.3 % days.

How's about 10.2% 11%?

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2023-01-27.12-25.png

EDIT: 12 Martini Lunch on Wall St today? :p