Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT
The impact of the 7.8 earthquake in Turkey and Syria is horrendous and horrible. Not only over 21,000 dead, but all the people left without a home, food, water, electricity, and especially heat in the middle of the winter. I've been wondering how Tesla and SpaceX could help. Tesla perhaps sending Megapacks and solar panels to provide electricity, SpaceX providing Starlinks for Internet search and communication. I'm sure Elon and the teams are thinking about it. It would also be great if the folks that build the tents that Tesla has used so we'll could provide some for temporary housing where the electricity can be utilized for lights and heaters.

Unfortunately this will take time, months not days. But the quicker something like this could be implemented the better. When I think of those poor people suffering from this catastrophe, it makes me cry. Surely something like this is being considered,... at least I hope so.

I'd post this on the blue bird, but I've been suspended for some reason, don't know why. If one or more of our more prolific posters could send a message to Elon communicating this, I would sincerely appreciate it.

A friend of mine from Ukraine was telling me how his family in Kyiv was using a Leaf to store energy as people only have electricity supply for half the day. He wishes Tesla cars would have this capability as their batteries are much larger. I think some sort of energy storage product would tremendously improve people’s lives in disaster-struck areas.

A friend of mine from Ukraine was telling me how his family in Kyiv was using a Leaf to store energy as people only have electricity supply for half the day. He wishes Tesla cars would have this capability as their batteries are much larger. I think some sort of energy storage product would tremendously improve people’s lives in disaster-struck areas.
Yes, the chance to waive some of my battery warranty in exchange for powering people's lives in an emergency situation might be welcome in extreme emergencies like this.

OT
The impact of the 7.8 earthquake in Turkey and Syria is horrendous and horrible. Not only over 21,000 dead, but all the people left without a home, food, water, electricity, and especially heat in the middle of the winter. I've been wondering how Tesla and SpaceX could help. Tesla perhaps sending Megapacks and solar panels to provide electricity, SpaceX providing Starlinks for Internet search and communication. I'm sure Elon and the teams are thinking about it. It would also be great if the folks that build the tents that Tesla has used so well could provide some for temporary housing where the electricity can be utilized for lights and heaters.

Unfortunately this will take time, months not days. But the quicker something like this could be implemented the better. When I think of those poor people suffering from this catastrophe, it makes me cry. Surely something like this is being considered... at least I hope so.

I'd post this on the blue bird, but I've been suspended for some reason, don't know why. If one or more of our more prolific posters could send a message to Elon communicating this, I would sincerely appreciate it.
Something better left to the UN organize.
Maybe Ford and General Motors too.

As the number of natural disasters, earthquakes, hurricanes et al increase around the world, energy storage and renewable energy that can be quickly implemented is and will be essential. Especially in places that didn't have a reliable power grid to begin with, like Haiti and Puerto Rico, along with Turkey and Syria. Not only would it help in the short term aiding in rebuilding, but also as a basis for long term energy supply. I would love to see Puerto Rico for instance be a model for implementation of weather resistant renewable energy!

Of course, Tesla can't do this by donating free gratis forever, but perhaps if the establishment saw the value provided perhaps the funding would follow.

Woz said that Elon defrauded him and his family:

Woz can’t see the forest for the trees. He sells his Tesla for an inferior EV because Elon‘s predictions were BS. How that helps himself is a mystery. Presumably, being a minor celebrity, being able to publicly call out Elon is his reward. In Woz, I see an egotistical grandstander. Woz was damn lucky he knew Steve Jobs because otherwise he’d be an anonymous competent mid level engineer working for some random company.

Page 2000, Stonk @200....my prediction is we (HODLers) are gunna be stupid rich.

Indeed, if you invested (and held) TSLA on Apr 12, 2019 (Page 2000), then today you are up 1,120% on your investment.

sc.TSLA.2019-04-12.until.Today.png

Let that sink in. :)

Remember this one?​

U.S. probe finds no evidence of Tesla Autopilot use in 2021 Texas crash​

A U.S. safety board said Wednesday found no evidence a Tesla Model S was operating on Autopilot during an April 2021 fatal crash, saying the probable cause was the driver's speeding, alcohol impairment and failure to control the vehicle.

Shortly after the accident in Spring, Texas, local police said they believed the crash occurred with no one in the driver's seat, raising questions about Tesla's driver-assistance systems and prompting widespread media coverage.

View attachment 904896
Some detail on the NTSB findings, without the paywall.

"officials wrote that although the car was equipped with the autopilot, the system "could not be engaged" on the road where the crash occurred.

As for the mystery of why there was nobody behind the wheel, authorities say "available evidence suggests that the driver was seated in the driver's seat at the time of the crash and moved into the rear seat post crash. The report specifically noted . . . that the driver's seat belt was connected at the time of impact."

"The driver drove out of his driveway and onto the cul-de-sac, and then accelerated," the report continues. The NTSB wrote that in the five seconds before impact, the car "accelerated from 39 mph to a top speed of 67 mph." There was no evidence of braking, according to the report."

The driver's toxicology report showed he had a blood alcohol level of .151 grams per deciliter, almost twice the legal limit for driving in Texas, officials wrote.

Woz can’t see the forest for the trees. He sells his Tesla for an inferior EV because Elon‘s predictions were BS. How that helps himself is a mystery. Presumably, being a minor celebrity, being able to publicly call out Elon is his reward. In Woz, I see an egotistical grandstander. Woz was damn lucky he knew Steve Jobs because otherwise he’d be an anonymous competent mid level engineer working for some random company.

Both Jobs and Musk are criticized by Woz. You know what else these two have in common? Both founders or companies that are the most valuable in the world at some point, soon we hope.

Ford to Cybertruck Story: :oops:

My friend who bought (back) my restored '63 Convertible a couple years ago just told me that he and his wife (her especially) plan on getting a Cybertruck. My head spun but then she's also retired in the construction industry and used to own a lot of heavy equipment for earth moving. Her remaining trailers and his boat are fairly large as well, and the fact that she's concluded CyberTruck was the best answer for their needs just tickles me pink. Especially because she currently uses an F-series Ford, and always has.

This wasn't a discussion for consideration, I didn't even try the sell (other than Tesla's in general), she just figured it out on her own. Smart woman, husband had no argument to make and told me this story last night. They BOTH like the look, especially the Stainless Steel which resonated with her because she used to be the proud owner of a Delorean.

CyberTruck is a Clean-Powerful statement that connects on several levels. I suspect we'll be seeing more women driving CyberTruck, a movement onto it's own, simple, easy to maintain, shiny clean. Get ready Southern Cal.

Did some really fast market timing. Liquidated all my call options right before the close yesterday. Converted everything into one hundred percent common Tesla stock. Zero call options now. Bought back slightly lower in pre-market so that’s a plus.
Now carrying a really huge Tesla common stock position. Enough to make a difference.
not to the same level as uncle Leo or Elon but
From a single individual investor standpoint it’s probably big position. In Elon and Tesla I trust.
Trying to trade Tesla is extremely stressful. In pre-market anytime I put 10,000 share orders that tended to move the price. In fact, whenever I put orders in 10,000 share blocks and pre-market, it would not even get filled so I had to break it in 5000 share lots to get anywhere. Finally I gave up and bought all my position back by putting in numerous thousand shares orders most of it in pre-market and rest of it during market hours. I just got plain lucky in that was able to buy it back at a slightly lower price I intend to hold this position for a very long time.
Extremely stressful last five hours now I’m finally done and ready for the weekend. Happy weekend all.

Last edited:
As a 12 year old boy I spent 6 months programming a video game on my apple IIc before realizing that the "128k" of memory was only accessible as two giant pages that flipped back and forth. Needless to say I felt betrayed by apple and their "lies" about my computer. So Woz's statements about Musk's deceptiveness are a case of the pot calling the kettle black in my opinion.

Woz should take a look in the mirror before he opens his mouth.

It's politics, he just can't admit it. Woz used to date Kathy Griffin, she is hard core political and was banned by "Elon's" Twitter.

We have all probably wasted too much time worrying about what a has been says. Tim Cook seems to get along with Elon well enough.

Did some really fast market timing. Liquidated all my call options right before the close yesterday. Converted everything into one hundred percent common Tesla stock. Zero call options now. Bought back slightly lower in pre-market so that’s a plus.
Now carrying a really huge Tesla common stock position. Enough to make a difference.
not to the same level as uncle Leo or Elon but
From a single individual investor standpoint it’s a really big position. In Elon and Tesla I trust.
Trying to trade Tesla is extremely stressful. In pre-market anytime I put 10,000 share orders that tended to move the price. Finally I gave up and bought all my position back most of it in pre-market and rest of it during market hours. I just got plain lucky in that was able to buy it back at a slightly lower price I intend to hold this position for a very long time.
Extremely stressful last five hours now I’m finally done and ready for the weekend. Happy weekend all.
Mine are starting to show life finally, but I have considered doing similar around Mar 1st on a few, especially 3 expiring later in March, not sure. I got a feeling about Investor Day. Recall I posted a 60% chance of positive movement from Q4 Earnings (I may have said the same about prior earnings). For Investor Day, same. Too many Easter eggs and good news following a long period of silence while 4680 was resolved. Plus Elon in suits and that look on his face trying to hide exciting news and only showing a smirk. We'll see...

It's politics, he just can't admit it. Woz used to date Kathy Griffin, she is hard core political and was banned by "Elon's" Twitter.

We have all probably wasted too much time worrying about what a has been says. Tim Cook seems to get along with Elon well enough.
His moniker says it all: not is but Woz... relevant once upon a time.

OT
The impact of the 7.8 earthquake in Turkey and Syria is horrendous and horrible. Not only over 21,000 dead, but all the people left without a home, food, water, electricity, and especially heat in the middle of the winter. I've been wondering how Tesla and SpaceX could help. Tesla perhaps sending Megapacks and solar panels to provide electricity, SpaceX providing Starlinks for Internet search and communication. I'm sure Elon and the teams are thinking about it. It would also be great if the folks that build the tents that Tesla has used so well could provide some for temporary housing where the electricity can be utilized for lights and heaters.

Unfortunately this will take time, months not days. But the quicker something like this could be implemented the better. When I think of those poor people suffering from this catastrophe, it makes me cry. Surely something like this is being considered... at least I hope so.

Tesla solar and megapacks can help, by giving power to hospitals and operations that feed people. The scale of the disaster is huge though. For example, just getting the stuff to where it is needed is very difficult due to road issues. The best solution might be for Tesla to concentrate on batteries, and others do commodity solar to power the Tesla batteries, as Tesla solar is not that built out yet.