Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sells a lot of cars. Can’t expect the same inventory levels as when they were only 500K per year.
Inventory should increase faster than total sales really. More stores, more storage, more complexity in slotting customers etc. Plus they CAN store inventory for a bit vs desperately needing to push that last thousand cars to make end of quarter numbers look good.

Tough day. Now, some "media outlet" laments that the wiper on CT leaves a lot of the window dirty.
Unlike other cars...idiots.

I'm not quoting anyone-nor saying it's an issue. I'm asking the question-are China-spec cars identical to European-spec ones? As I said, I honestly don't know.

Really? 3 seconds of Googling will tell you that the charge ports are different. What's really going on is that certain people like to swing trade, and talk their book. They glom onto any FUD-dejour and spew it like its a catastrophe. All for a few disingenuous bux. These are the same people that will make an extra 2% this week, and miss out on the 2,000% coming over the next decade. That's what the casual reader of this forum need to know, honestly.

I know this is way off topic for trading hours. But I just could not resist…

I left the Pickleball courts, and wouldn’t you know it; there’s an R1S parked next to me. I’m happy to confirm that the model X is objectively better looking 🤣!

Attachments

• 591EB727-5455-4AD3-BEA4-AB5A53FC422B.jpeg
    591EB727-5455-4AD3-BEA4-AB5A53FC422B.jpeg
    974.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 13049872-7FFF-4EC5-8D2D-955982BE6AE0.jpeg
    13049872-7FFF-4EC5-8D2D-955982BE6AE0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
I know this is way off topic for trading hours. But I just could not resist…

I left the Pickleball courts, and wouldn’t you know it; there’s an R1S parked next to me. I’m happy to confirm that the model X is objectively better looking 🤣!
I would sure love if Tesla made an Off-Road capable version of the Model X and Model Y. Just light off-road—Subaru like—no need to make rock crawlers. The slightly fatter tires on the Rivian and better ground clearance would be nice on the X.

Last edited:
I would sure love if Tesla made an Off-Road capable version of the Model X and Model Y. Just light off-road—Subaru like—no need to make rock crawlers. The slightly fatter tires on the Rivian and better ground clearance would be nice on the X.
I'd like to see Tesla partner up for that sort of thing. Take a company like unplugged and have them kit out vehicles with race packages or offroad packages vs doing it in house.

Tesla being talked about now. Master Plan 3 being "discussed".

Edit: Now finished. Nothing new, just some Elon musings we're already familiar with.

I did cringe a little when he mentioned that smaller car that would cost 50% would mostly use autonomy. But let's hope wall street doesn't pick up on that (for the record, I personally think that it will be the case)...

Reactions: EVMeister
I just scheduled my first service visit in a while (new windshield - again.... CO winters are rough on glass). Apparently not only do they not do loaners anymore but also don't do ride-share credits.... Not thrilled about this as a consumer.

I'm not sure how to feel as an investor - it's obviously saving money, but not exactly building goodwill... Also not getting butts in seats ( missing the opportunity to show me what my car is missing - heated steering wheel, heated wipers?, updated center console, bioweapon defense, probably more I don't know about too). As an investor, I want you to make me want to upgrade!

Troy's latest estimates basically have production and deliveries flat in Q1 vs Q4.

Tesla report EPS of $1.09 in Q4. That was boosted about $0.1 by FSD revenue recognition.

With the massive price cuts w/o any increase in volume, this means ASP's will be trending down more heavily than any COGS decrease.

So excluding energy, automotive contribution must decrease from the $1 Q4 print.

Perhaps $0.9 EPS print this quarter?
Too many missed point to list. You might understand when the numbers do come out.
OTOH, there is always the old reliable fraud claim/s

I did cringe a little when he mentioned that smaller car that would cost 50% would mostly use autonomy. But let's hope wall street doesn't pick up on that (for the record, I personally think that it will be the case)...
Well, from the entire 3hrs long lecture, not once did they mention in order to get to 50% reduction in cost, they will need to get rid of the steering wheel. Not even the autonomy section where they could of said something along the lines of "this would allow us to reduce user driver controls like the steering wheel to save cost". Since they didn't, it'sall people care about, can it still be driven? If yes then crisis averted.

I think we do ourselfs a disservice by going hard against anyone who points out the obvious. Troy and Rob (Tesla Daily) were correct last quarter and a lot of hopium bulls here were wrong.

I'd rather hear all sides and make up my mind than try to censure people by going hard against them.
The only real reason to track P&D and margins in fine grained detail is to try to guess how the market will react to quarterly earnings.

I don't bank on a logical reactiom.

In terms of drawing long term conclusions, what was revealed at investor day is more relevant.

IMO what Troy is doing is 100% a waste of time and effort, Tesla will adjust prices and reduce costs as necessary. At the right price, demand is no problem.