Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn. Etrade is now TSLAQ. TSLA is a zero. :(

View attachment 924463
I managed to capture the TD Ameritrade headline just before their revision. 🤣

1680535748943.png

RIVN beat and the stock is actually down.

Sequentially less deliveries in Q1 than Q4. This will be true for most of the industry, so the increase for Tesla is quite good. I think we are going to see some pretty good market share gains once we have the full industry picture.

Thing is that Rivian should not have had a delivery drop Q4 to Q1 since they have a very large backlog. This is just bad execution on Rivian’s part.

JP Moron reiterate sell with $120PT, let's look at Ryan's illustrious history of TSLA ratings

So according to him, it was also a sell when it was $100. Smarter than me, obviously

View attachment 924468
Why doesn't any competent bank just fire anyone who, at the end of a year, is in the bottom 25% of tipranks? It seems obvious that the ONLY reason not to do so, would be blatant corruption. Oooooh, I think I answered my own question!

It's handy in a few ways. One of which is reducing the insertion cycles on the residential wall socket. Not sure if that is built into the vault though (hardwired?).
[Yeah hardwired Tesla launches CyberVault wall connector in China]
View attachment 924432
View attachment 924431
Another thought I had was maybe Tesla expects demand to outstrip supply of wall connectors but that they forecast plenty of mobile connectors. Boom, now it's a wall connector. Or perhaps the Asian market really didn't want to buy both, maybe wall connector sales dropped when they stopped including mobile connectors due to people only wanting to buy the one. Now they can upsell people with a solution to the outlet they created.

Why doesn't any competent bank just fire anyone who, at the end of a year, is in the bottom 25% of tipranks? It seems obvious that the ONLY reason not to do so, would be blatant corruption. Oooooh, I think I answered my own question!
Because he's doing what his employer requests, which is to lowball TSLA, it has nothing to do with what he actually thinks as an individual...

They are bad actors

GM continuing to stall with their new EV's.

Only 2 Hummers for the quarter. I believe there is a battery water ingress issue and they are not shipping them.

Only 968 Lyric for the entire quarter almost 1 year after launch.

Bolt is doing well with 19K sold but this is old LG technology.

The whole Ultium thing looks like a disaster so far.

Plan for the entire 2023 is 150K EV's.

And the CT? What’s the aesthetic science behind that one? Human target practice? That’s how it makes me feel.
It's literally form following function as Elon and Hanz have told us, because the steel-bending and stamping machines cannot bend the ultra hard cold-rolled steel Tesla uses for the CT. I also think the dystopian future Mad Max/Blade Runner look is fully intentional. I know your comment was in jest and that this is common knowledge here, but it's handy for the unintiated to know this. It's not like Elon played some early Tomb Raider and followed suit, haha.

"Hanz, I need your team to model the new CyberTruck. Your poly budget is 24. GO!"
"Did you mean, 24 million triangles?"
"24 polygons. Two Four. MAKE IT HAPPEN!"

^This is a fictional narrative, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were somewhat close to the truth. Design with planes you don't bend!

The CT design is divisive and different, but knowing the reason behind the design changed everything for me and probably others too. I gotta say though, the CyberTruck was a bit off-putting at first because it looked like low-poly 3D art from 1995 or something....the earlier days of 3D. Oh, the memories! Glad modern computers can push more triangles these days.

Now we can optionally sculpt in the millions of polys and optimize later for low-poly art, depending on the asset. Unreal Engine 5 doesn't care about poly budgets, because it's the Honey Badger of engines. Oh, how things have changed. My tools are modern but my memetic references are old!

Can't wait to see the CT this summer. Naturally, TSLA will probably dip with every bit of amazing news as usual, lol. HODLing either way!

Last edited:

From my brokerage's newsfeed:

CFRA REITERATES STRONG BUY OPINION ON SHARES OF TESLA INC.

12:03 pm ET April 3, 2023 (CFRA)

We maintain a 12-month target of $275, based on a '25 P/E of 36.7x, justified by long-term growth expectations. We lower our '23 adjusted EPS estimate by $0.10 to $4.30, while leaving '24 and '25 unchanged at $5.95 and $7.50, respectively. TSLA posts Q1 vehicle sales of 422,875 units (+36% Y/Y), a record high, but slightly short of the 432K consensus and our estimate of 440K. However, production came in at 440,808 units, well ahead of our 405K forecast. While we consider the release a mild disappointment, any negative stock price reaction will likely be muted by news of OPEC's surprise output cut, which caused oil prices to jump and we consider bullish for EV sales. With the Austin and Berlin plants continuing to ramp up, first deliveries of the Cybertruck expected in the coming months, a forthcoming factory in Mexico, and a low-priced coupe that will believe will be introduced in 2024 (some are calling it the "Model 2"), the Tesla story has a lot going for it and we reiterate our Strong Buy recommendation.

Last edited:

If you're a bank that is short on Tesla, and you have an analyst that is hating on Tesla, that is a form of marketing to people that also hate Tesla to do business with them instead of some other bank that is long on Tesla.

Analysts are basically just marketing people for their firms. Whether they are long/short is based on what type of clients they are targeting. Not all analysts, but most of them.

If you're a bank that is short on Tesla, and you have an analyst that is hating on Tesla, that is a form of marketing to people that also hate Tesla to do business with them instead of some other bank that is long on Tesla.

Analysts are basically just marketing people for their firms. Whether they are long/short is based on what type of clients they are targeting. Not all analysts, but most of them.
So which new poorly invested bank is going under?

Tesla is ramping up Giga Berlin.

"The report indicates that Tesla is likely to add a fourth shift soon, as workers are being sought by the company once again in an effort to push production figures higher."

"The report indicates that Tesla is likely to add a fourth shift soon, as workers are being sought by the company once again in an effort to push production figures higher."

Connecting dots after watching their Employees in the Tesla video, bringing pride and value to the workplace for certain.

The pirate thing is a fun example. These guys are doing the really hard work (melting down metals for castings). Hat's off dude!

1680540162123.png

In case anyone missed it...

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if TSLA took a little breather from here given potential challenges with inventory/demand, interest rates, increased competition, need for new models, high vehicle prices, 4680 challenges, M3 LFP IRA, macros, China issues, etc. If so it's still a long term buying opportunity.
It's been taking a breather for 18 months. It must be really out of shape.

More Europe demand problems. Did you hear that T? Get that calculated into your ‘forecast’. Tesla going to make more cars for inventory.

One year is way too short. In 1999 Warren Buffet would have needed to fire himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if TSLA took a little breather from here given potential challenges with ... 4680 challenges ..., etc. If so it's still a long term buying opportunity.
I never believed Musk when he said he wasn't going to bet the company on one thing again.

4680 with dry electrode is the bet. Solve the problem or they'll ultimately just be another CATL/BYD customer.