Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was getting ready this week to do a full fsdb post in the beta threads. Not necessary after someone just crushed it. I just read a post, linked below, that made my all time favorite beta post. It is a long, but a highly accurate and funny post. The member who posted this has some writing skills. Enjoy if you are interested in beta progress and have 10 minutes to burn 🔥. Maybe show some Tmc spirit and give it a
like. We need more posts like his. People in those threads forget sometimes there are buttons.

You should still write your experience.

You should still write your experience.
Thank you and I will. Especially thanks to you all for breaking the record for a liked post in the beta threads!!! Much love... A great post over there gets 7 or 8 likes.
You all crushed it! Can't say thanks enough. Members over there are gonna crap their pants when they see all your likes! Hopefully, this will encourage him and other great posters to continue great content on the best forum for any brand in the world 🌎! HODL!

Whats up with Model 3 LR? How come I don't see it in Tesla ordering page? Thought that should be the most popular one after Model Y LR.
They haven't been selling it since mid last year...occasionally a few pop up in Inventory. A few possible reasons: Y eating into 3 sales; rather reserve the battery cells for the likely more profitable Y, Highland refresh, etc. Will likely show back up after Highland refresh...maybe in the Fall.

Well…because of a 10 minute lag getting cash transferred from one account into my non registered investment account being “recognized“ by my online banking system, I was only ready to buy another 300 at two minutes after the market closed.

So naturally I hope the buying opportunity still exists tomorrow morning.
Got my 300 more shares just now…

I just saw a White Model Y driven by a male in his early 30s on a Pittsburgh street with a oval car magnet with the message, "I love batteries, I don't like Musk, my next car will be a different EV". Seriously. I mean that is next level insecurity on display in my opinion to even have taken the time to make a custom car magnet to virtue signal their opinion.

I'd expect more price decreases through the year, Tesla needs to focus on cost reductions and producing even more for more efficiency of scale -- and that seems to be what they're focusing on.
well maybe :D But also a lot of growth should come from cybertruck and semi. Tesla is about to enter two completely new market segments. They could grow total revenue by 50% without having to make cheaper model 3s and Ys. Especially if you factor in:
  • Supercharging revenue from 3rd parties
  • Tesla Energy revenue
  • Better FSD recognition plus better takeup due to improved features
I know Tesla are always looking many years ahead, so are sensibly looking at cost reductions, but they can get to their 50% growth just by market expansion in the short, maybe even medium term.

I just saw a White Model Y driven by a male in his early 30s on a Pittsburgh street with a oval car magnet with the message, "I love batteries, I don't like Musk, my next car will be a different EV". Seriously. I mean that is next level insecurity on display in my opinion to even have taken the time to make a custom car magnet to virtue signal their opinion.
It is unfortunately a common sentiment and is costing sales.

I can’t imagine doing a background check on the ceo of a company to see if I like him/her before I purchase a product. But I see and hear this more and more lately so obviously some feel pretty strong about it.

Interesting times.

He's probably one of the mob making dozens of irrational Musk hating posts in the Elon on Twitter thread.

I agree with this and hope an entire ecosystem, where Tesla takes a significant market share and proliferates their tech, comes to fruition.
Not sure what this tweet is supposed to show, for starters the chart is for China's internal EV market. Also as someone pointed out in replies, the chart is not that different from smartphone market: