Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My personal opinion of Cathie Wood: she is an original out of box thinker and I have lot of respect and admiration. She’s very courageous to suffer all naysayers
$2000 TSLA by 2027 as per her research is not only likely but could easily happen much earlier
Very easy to call names to those who actually have courage of their convictions
Continue calling her names I may stop wasting my precious time on this forum
Goodbye and goodluck

My personal opinion of Cathie Wood: she is an original out of box thinker and I have lot of respect and admiration. She’s very courageous to suffer all naysayers
$2000 TSLA by 2027 as per her research is not only likely but could easily happen much earlier
Very easy to call names to those who actually have courage of their convictions
Goodbye and goodluck
Agree

Midnight Cherry Red and Quicksilver Model Ys spotted at Giga Texas for Investor Day. Paint shop upgrades ahoy?

Edit: Also, look at the Midnight Cherry Red's wiper!

That’s not the wiper. It’s the reflection in the windshield of either the crane arm or the thick strap that is attached to the crane. That would make no sense why a Model Y would have a “Cybertruck style” wiper installed.

That’s not the wiper. It’s the reflection in the windshield of either the crane arm or the thick strap that is attached to the crane. That would make no sense why a Model Y would have a “Cybertruck style” wiper installed.

Yeah, that was established a few months ago the day that was posted. Was just relaying some of the comments in the Tweet itself. I would've edited the post for clarity, but it was locked for editing.

Reactions: THEbuz
Tesla supercharger outside Budapest at a gas station
I see Tesla model X, Y and S all over Vienna and Budapest
Not as many as stateside but increasingly common
Every year I see more Teslas on European streets. Last year in Central London very common
View attachment 944657View attachment 944662

The English language is still a major hurdle for people in Hungary.
So obvious that it shouldn't be OMV but OMG.

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 11.25.49.png

Granted it's a minor observation in the grand scheme of things but on a very short school run in the suburbs of Dublin, Ireland this morning I was pleasently surprised to see four model Y's not including my own.

While the model 3 is very popular and a common sight on the roads here being available for quite some time, it was surprising to see this many Y's in my locality all of a sudden, especially given imports of these RHD made in Shanghai models only starting in earnest in recent months. This bodes well for the future - long may it continue.

I see no micro or macro news that could've inspired that.
Two possibilites come to mind:
1) Somebody knows something positive about Tesla, and algobots are joining the party.
2) After TSLA being up 8 successive sessions, margin calls may be going out to short sellers.

The cause of the quick rise of TSLA may (also) be because of people fleeing out of crypto.
There are dark clouds on the horizon for crypto, as the US regulator sues Binance and Coinbase.
This all combined with the shortzes having to hedge their short positions.

Last edited:
nativewolf said:
She has no clue...is looney as a loon can be a loon.

What a coincidence. Not 30 minutes before reading your post I was looking at my Schwab accounts. ARKK down 10K from when I invested.
ARKG down 11K, ARKW down 10K. I do find Cathie Wood's team following Tesla to have good insight. They seem to get it. But otherwise she seems to be a one trick pony. Her track record even with her one good pick is weak. If she had not picked TSLA I'm hard pressed to understand how her company would still be in business.
Not to be that guy but...why have money following her. You did just a good a job identifying Tesla as she did but have not diversified into all that crap. I mean I should not tell someone what to do but....why not just more Tesla?

Take with a grain of your preferred salt:
Benzinga is reporting via their India branch (and rehashing Financial Express) that Tesla has reached an agreement in principle to establish a supplier base there and assemble vehicles in India.

Per the report, India wants a timeline to set up suppliers (roadmap expected to take 3-6 months to develop) and is willing to offer import tarrif reductions on components during the transition period.

Appears most info is from this article:
https://www.financialexpress.com/bu...grees-to-set-up-vendor-base-in-india/3116141/

Tesla supercharger outside Budapest at a gas station
I see Tesla model X, Y and S all over Vienna and Budapest
Not as many as stateside but increasingly common
Every year I see more Teslas on European streets. Last year in Central London very common
1686138053812.png
Looks like somebody was moving across the parking spaces to clobber that one on the left. Bent the steel poles inside the cable hanger pretty good too.

Interesting that site has all side stalls...

For those so inclined, CNBC has reported that Elon is having a virtual meeting with leadership in Mongolia(sp) soon (tomorrow?) on the topic of battery minerals and refining if I got it correctly. YMMV

You've got it all wrong. It is Magnolia, not Mongolia. :rolleyes: (Teslarati author battles with auto-correct?)

Meanwhile, in other news, this pending headline is anticipated:

TSLA STRUGGLES TO MAINTAIN 3% GAIN IN PRE-MARKET

Last edited:
Granted it's a minor observation in the grand scheme of things but on a very short school run in the suburbs of Dublin, Ireland this morning I was pleasently surprised to see four model Y's not including my own.

(....further redacted)

4 Teslas, you say? Seattle has that, I think. (photo from inside a 5th Tesla at one intersection)

Attachments

• PXL_20230509_145805748_1024.500k.jpg
    PXL_20230509_145805748_1024.500k.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 77
Of course you would, like her you've proven to have no special insight at all and just throw out random numbers as the mood hits you.
Goodbye and goodluck
People should read up on her and where she gets her investing "inspiration". She's a loon who got lucky with Tesla...

Of course you would, like her you've proven to have no special insight at all and just throw out random numbers as the mood hits you.

People should read up on her and where she gets her investing "inspiration". She's a loon who got lucky with Tesla...
She's a Laffer disciple (as in Laffer Curve). She cites him as her mentor.
Glad she promoted TSLA, but I have no use for her otherwise.