Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quarterly calls tend to be audio only but Tesla is setting up a presentation at GigaTexas.

View attachment 983189

I knew they'd be fixing the floors. Must be for something really special then!

1697648284286.png

Also, notice the patriotic ingenuity here.

1697649011342.png

That whole post is bullish IMO.

Edit: Made it to page 21500!
1697650444456.png

Last edited:
I doubt it. (Edit: Maybe, but with everyone thinking the stock could dump ("using" the declining sales in Q3 story), nobody wants to be the last one out to shut off the light, this week (ARK) and today.)
Earning negative news is primed, even ARK sold nearly everyday the past 4 in a row.

I did not sell (since last week anyway). Maybe pick up a few more shares on the dip. I feel like this is the last of the "bad" news and looking very green from then on. Not advice!
Meh, "last of the bad news", "very green from then on", how about "never going below $200 every again"...

Wall Street loves volatility and churn, it's not going to stop - even if we got a 10x run up to $2000 per share, it would still be all over the place after the inevitable split

That's the game, too much money to be stolen from the naïve for it to stop

Huh? o_O

I have never seen, or heard, an ad in my Tesla, and I have premium connectivity...
Really? You've never heard, "Your car has the best technology and acceleration on the road. You need the same for your business. That's why you need NetSuite from Oracle".

I hear that every time I listen to TuneIn. It is an ad targeted at Tesla drivers, so it must be coming through Tesla's platform and I assume Tesla must be getting revenue from it. I hear other targeted ads as well.

You're gonna make us all look it up?

Edit-->

Tesla told drones operators not to fly over the crash test vehicles. The speculation is that something is possibly wrong with CyberTruck safety or castings? I doubt that is the case.
I don't think that's Tesla trying to hide anything. But photos of crashed CyberTrucks could serve as great fodder for a FUD campaign. "This proves that the CyberTruck is unsafe!"

Last edited:
Really? You've never heard, "Your car has the best technology and acceleration on the road. You need the same for your business. That's why you need NetSuite from Oracle".

I hear that every time I listen to TuneIn. It is an ad targeted at Tesla drivers, so it must be coming through Tesla's platform and I assume Tesla must be getting revenue from it. I hear other targeted ads as well.
No, not once have I heard an ad - but I don't use TuneIn. I use the default streaming (Slacker??), Bluetooth, or Apple. none have ads. If you are getting ads it's from the provider, not from Tesla. In your case Oracle is paying TuneIn to interrupt your day with an ad. I'm very sure Tesla got $0.00 out of you listening to it.

You'll get those ads whether you are on Tesla's data or WiFi - further evidence. And if you're listening to something that's not ad supported, you won't have ads.

* Does Tesla pay to have a Supercharger in this parking lot vs. that parking lot, or does the mall pay to gain regular, wealthy patrons with nothing to do for half an hour?
Everything I've read over the years indicates that charging providers attain the use of the parking lot for free. I've never heard of a merchant paying the charging company. But maybe that is changing in the case of Tesla?

I've also read that shopping center parking lots are sized to handle Christmas shopping. So they sit mostly empty the rest of the year. I'm sure merchants are happy with the extra traffic for almost zero incremental cost.

And in Cph, at least Fredericksburg, they not only have EV charge-point on pretty much every street, but EV reserved free-parking all over the place too
Sorry to be a partykiller - but from January 2024 EVs have to pay for parking in both Copenhagen and Frederiksberg… and actually it is a good thing. It’s a clear sign that EVs are about to be a more common view in the city… ☺️

Electric regards from a Copenhagen’er 😜

That's probably a glass roof fabric/mesh sunshade on the Cybertrucks.... but is there any chance that's an integrated electronic LCD shutter-style shade?

View attachment 983221
ooo that would be nice if it were electrochromic. Make it super dark on a hot sunny day but nearly clear at night or in winter.

Some types, at least, only use electricity while transitioning, so a huge win for climate control needs.

No idea if it works from a cost or vibration tolerance perspective though.

Reactions: bpjod and scaesare
No, not once have I heard an ad - but I don't use TuneIn. I use the default streaming (Slacker??), Bluetooth, or Apple. none have ads. If you are getting ads it's from the provider, not from Tesla. In your case Oracle is paying TuneIn to interrupt your day with an ad. I'm very sure Tesla got $0.00 out of you listening to it.

You'll get those ads whether you are on Tesla's data or WiFi - further evidence. And if you're listening to something that's not ad supported, you won't have ads.
You may be right. But Tesla should be getting a cut if they aren't already.

Sorry to break in and talk about the stock. But... down 4.5% prior to an earnings release... to me that is venting a lot of the downside that might occur if the news is less than stellar. A lot of investors could jump in AH
Booo! Well fortunately the street where we Airbnb has an underground parking reserved for residents and foreign visitors 😋

Will be back there in a couple of weeks, all of a sudden the wife has the urge to visit there regularly 🤷‍♂️

You may be right. But Tesla should be getting a cut if they aren't already.
Why? Does GM get a cut of the ads that are played over the radio in their cars?

Just like I wouldn't expect Tesla to get a cut of my Netflix subscription cost. (I've had Netflix way longer than I have owned a Tesla, and having Netflix available in my car does not contribute to me subscribing to it.)

I don't know if Netflix paid to be in Teslas, or if Tesla just did it to offer a good experience to their customers.