Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EM literally just said that people can't afford Teslas in a high interest rate environment multiple times.

Can't afford, can't afford, can't afford. They just can't afford.

😂🤣😂🤣

He sounds depressed today even when he is talking about things being amazing. The weight of the world....

Yep, interest rates kills growth, honestly he is sounding exactly like when my boss called for the long talk that we were closing the doors because we couldn't pay anymore

Tesla isn't closing door obviously, but when you see so much potential on the future, but the economy puts a slows down on it, hard to be enthusiastic

EM literally just said that people can't afford Teslas in a high interest rate environment multiple times.

Can't afford, can't afford, can't afford. They just can't afford.

😂🤣😂🤣

He sounds depressed today even when he is talking about things being amazing. The weight of the world....
I am puzzled that he focuses on the aspect of advertisement as a means to convince people to buy the car who can't afford it, rather than educate the masses to not spend the same amount of money on a lesser, different and worst case polluting, car.

This is the worst conference call I've ever listened to. Elon is on drugs. 50% CAGR gone. CT negative earnings for 1.5 years. No idea how many CT shipped next year. CT is super hard to make (so why make it, why not ordinary truck????).

After this past year, and emphasized by this call, I now refuse to carry naked shares without an accompanying put position hedge. Too much risk for me. I continue to have concerns that Elon has lost the plot a bit.