Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Hock1 @unk45

there is an intriguing blip further down in the article about ""short squeeze" candidates with TSLA being #1
--------------snip-----------------------
  1. Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA)
Tesla , the trailblazing electric car company, has consistently attracted the attention of short-sellers. For three consecutive months up to August, Tesla was the most shorted among large-cap U.S. stocks, as per data from a securities lending firm. Short-sellers bet on stock prices falling, and with Tesla's share price often exhibiting volatility, it presents both opportunities and challenges.;;;;;;;
----------snip--------------
Yes. Just a few days ago, I was thinking about the quantity of TSLA "shares" that are in the system. Due to counterfeited shares. i.e., naked-shorted, FTDs, etc., I would not be surprised if it were in the 5-6B range. In other words, close to 2X authorized and issued. I hope we get to find out, eventually. I've been aware of this manipulation since 2003 ( enhanced by removal of uptick rule in 2007). Being in the industry at the time, I received so much *sugar* about my observations regarding naked shorting. I played golf on almost a daily basis with the chairman of the Bank of Boston and told him about my concerns. He told me he would talk with a respected broker about it. The "respected" broker characterized me as a propeller head. It's amazing that it is all coming to the fore, 20 years later. Better Late than never.

This is the worst conference call I've ever listened to. Elon is on drugs. 50% CAGR gone. CT negative earnings for 1.5 years. No idea how many CT shipped next year. CT is super hard to make (so why make it, why not ordinary truck????).

Cybertruck not significantly profitable is different than Cybertruck being gross margin negative.

Has anyone heard any good news at all on this conference call? Maybe it was when the audio cut out?
Cell lines! 8 cell lines!

People upset about elons discussion of macro and affordability... I disagree. I am very glad we have a CEO who is acutely aware of the economics of the end product and the average consumer.
The alternative is to have the CEO of Lucid, puzzled why nobody is buying their staggeringly expensive supercars during huge economic uncertainty. I'd much rather have elon running Tesla than anyone else, and very happy with the very low level of inventory Tesla carries compared to some other companies.
Elon may have had a bad day, or be tired. Thats ok. Its a sign of a CEO who cares and actually works :D.