Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have FOMO in just a few days of being out of the market. I can feel it!
THIS is why we HODL, you just never know! Wishing you the best to get back onboard.

Well, it isn't like I sold everything. 🤷‍♂️
It is more like FOMM (Fear of Market Makers) than FOMO.
No matter what happens, I win! ;) Whatever price at which I get back in, those will be tax-free shares going forward.

Last edited:
I really don't buy into the "we will make it up" on efficiencies and cost cuts. Those efficiencies were there before the strike so they are only going to take them now that the UAW raised their costs? Trust me they are always looking for cost savings.

The big 3 are actually quite good at squeezing out 2-3% efficiency per year. They force suppliers to cut prices and will squeeze out marginal labor efficiencies. The difference as you state is Tesla has more innovation in the mix to truly take cost out, not just squeeze everyone.

GM and Ford knew they had a long way to go to match Tesla on costs.

They now have a much longer way to go so the job just got harder.
Layoffs/downsizing……..

Q3 CNCDA data is now out:

The BEV percentage went up slightly in Q2 to Q3 from 21.8% to 22.3%. The YTD BEV share is at 21.5%. Tesla is still slightly behind Toyota with 13.5% of the California market versus Toyota's 15.0% in Q3.

ICE (non-hybrid) market share in 2023 is 64.6%, 2022 was 71.6%, and 2018 was 88.4%.

BEV Q3 2023.png

Top BEV.png

Of the BEVs on the above list, Tesla sold 183,278 versus others selling 56,894, so 3 out of 4 (76.3%) of the BEVs sold in California were Tesla's.

RT

Tesla has lowered the price of the base Model Y in The Netherlands to 44.990 euro.
That means that a 3.000 euro subsidy will be applicable, so a base price of 41.990 euro!
In combination with the possibility of the transfer of free supercharging for some previous Tesla owners.

We will most likely see a lot of sales of Model Y in The Netherlands in the fourth quarter! đź‘Š

I really don't buy into the "we will make it up" on efficiencies and cost cuts. Those efficiencies were there before the strike so they are only going to take them now that the UAW raised their costs? Trust me they are always looking for cost savings.

The big 3 are actually quite good at squeezing out 2-3% efficiency per year. They force suppliers to cut prices and will squeeze out marginal labor efficiencies. The difference as you state is Tesla has more innovation in the mix to truly take cost out, not just squeeze everyone.

GM and Ford knew they had a long way to go to match Tesla on costs.

They now have a much longer way to go so the job just got harder.
Ford will use ChatGPT to tell them what Henry would do to make things go more efficiently. Probably something along the lines of fire all the Black and Jewish workers.

Layoffs/downsizing……..
VW downsizing 1/3 of their software group. This platform had a projected value of 1.4T by 2030 in software in vehicle purchases. Now delayed at least 1.5 years.

This is possibly what the value proposition offers Tesla, someday…

The software 1.2. platform, which is being developed for the Porsche Macan EV and the Audi Q6 E-Tron, was originally scheduled for completion in 2022. Cariad pushed the release date to the end of 2023 to be ready for 2024 VW models when Peter Bosch took over in May. Now, it looks like the software 1.2 platform won’t be in cars until at least 2025.

Q3 CNCDA data is now out:

Of the BEVs on the above list, Tesla sold 183,278 versus others selling 56,894, so 3 out of 4 (76.3%) of the BEVs sold in California were Tesla's.

RT
Tesla's BEV share in CA in 2023 is 62.9%. There is an easier way to directly calculate that from the CNCDA report. There is a section showing 291,518 BEV sold in CA YTD, which you can confirm it is 21.5% of total YTD 1,354,302 vehicle registration in CA. And Tesla's 183,278 is 62.9% of that.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 8
I heard all morning the market is up awaiting Fed announcement. TSLA again decoupled as it falls. What’s new right?

I've had my fill of all this foolishness. ;)

That is, my Limit Order was filled.
By some miracle the share count remained constant from the sale on Monday, waiting on transfer of cash to the ROTH, on through the buy today.

Maybe I should also pick up a Lotto ticket... 🤔

Funny no mention of reduction in Ford Management Salaries and or Bonuses, (Not to mention GM and the Stellantis Galaxy)
^^^ This ^^^ And no mention of salary cuts during the strike either. Greed and Class issue so it appears.

Intel Corp did a top down cut in Q1'ish. It is coming back gradually now.
  • 25% cut for Pat (CEO)
  • 15% cut for his staff
  • 10% cut for higher grade levels
  • 0% for entry levels and Temps.
How much are Jim and Mary making now? It hasn't changed has it? That figures!

^^^ This ^^^ And no mention of salary cuts during the strike either. Greed and Class issue so it appears.

Intel Corp did a top down cut in Q1'ish. It is coming back gradually now.
  • 25% cut for Pat (CEO)
  • 15% cut for his staff
  • 10% cut for higher grade levels
  • 0% for entry levels and Temps.
How much are Jim and Mary making now? It hasn't changed has it? That figures!
When I was at Ford, union gains usually made it management/salary employees at least as far as the non wage benefits. Paid time off, Employee healthcare, 401K matching, Profit sharing etc. They would always make these at least the same as the union employees, sometimes better.

When I was at Ford, union gains usually made it management/salary employees at least as far as the non wage benefits. Paid time off, Employee healthcare, 401K matching, Profit sharing etc. They would always make these at least the same as the union employees, sometimes better.
Sorry, I'm not following. You're saying Ford management (in the past) also got benefits to match? I must be translating this wrong.