Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incorrect! You may be thinking of the Catholic period of Christmas which begins on Christmas Eve and typically lasts for 20 days. No, the Twelve Days of Christmas harkens back to a much more ancient Celtic tradition.

Back in pagean times in neolithic Britain (circa 5,500 BCE), the keepers of the giga sundial known to us as Stonehenge were aware that for a 12 day period, the time of sunset remained the same - hence solstice, or 'sun-stand-still'. This period typically starts around Dec 9th or 10th (on the Gregorian Calendar) and ends a day or two before the solstice. Here are Sun times at Salisbury Plain for the month of Dec 2023:

This was a great time of gathering and feasting on Salisbury Plain, when the shaman's had their time with the common folk (kinda like Wall-E today). So this grand old tradition is not something that Brits were willing to give up for a relatively late addition to their calendar: Christmas. (the actual birth day is another story, but very OT)

Cheers!
Rush wrote a song about that! Well not really, but gonna post it anyway because I love Rush and you're a Canuck!

really glad i did not go through with a Powerwall for my home last year ... now i get the Powerwall included in CT
After years of babying my emergency gas generator; and knowing that my incoming (hopefully soonish) cybertruck will be capable of bidirectional charging I have to decided to have a powerwall (and gateway?) installed, to go along with our existing solar system.

I placed the online order last Wednesday during a neighborhood outage; which have somehow become more common in recent years. Installer comes tomorrow.

I suspect many more are in my position and this could be a boon for Tesla residential energy division.

I read it as well and I agree with you. But I do wonder why NHTSA hasn't taken any action on the suspension issue. It makes me think we don't have the whole story.
I had a suspension problem on my 2020 MY, vin 15xxx. 40k miles. Made an appt about a suspension noise and Tesla immediately replaced it that afternoon. Service said it was a known problem and they were fixing them when reported. Have a 2023 MY now and the suspension is dramatically better.

I had a suspension problem on my 2020 MY, vin 15xxx. 40k miles. Made an appt about a suspension noise and Tesla immediately replaced it that afternoon. Service said it was a known problem and they were fixing them when reported. Have a 2023 MY now and the suspension is dramatically better.
Can confirm 2019 M3 the same in Uk changed both front suspension.

Has Tesla stopped selling insurance? It's nowhere to be found on their website via the search thingy.

EDIT- Thanks, all who answered. But there's not a link to signing up anywhere on that page; all I see is the "about" information, yet no hint of if or how I can sign up, leading me to believe Tesla Insurance is sort of on hold, or at least that they're not interested in having any more subscribers. Or, perhaps there's a third possibility that I hadn't even counted upon, namely that my Model X told them I'm a crappy driver and to hide all the "Sign up Now!" links from me.

Last edited:
Has Tesla stopped selling insurance? It's nowhere to be found on their website via the search thingy.

Still comes up fine for me

Still shows available in 11 states

Click on the Discover tab.

1000004392.jpg

Waiting patiently to give Tesla more of our money...
Good idea! There should be a Tesla online tip jar with an anonymous option. Feeds into some part of the company mission. For example, free battery installations in 3rd world countries most impacted by global warming. Give Air Conditioning - the Coolest thing you will ever do. 🤷‍♂️

It hasn't been canceled.
Some companies give out options every year (actually I think most do) but some companies give a large option grant upfront and then provide more options when the first tranche has fully vested.
Example:
Company A
Year 1 - 1,000 options (4 year vesting)
Year 2 - 1,000 options (4 year vesting)
Year 3 - 1,000 options (4 year vesting)
Year 4 - 1,000 options (4 year vesting)
year 5 - 1,000 options (4 year vesting)
etc.

Company B
Year 1 - 4,000 options (4 year vesting)
Year 2 - no options
Year 3 - no options
Year 4 - no options
Year 5 - 4,000 options (4 year vesting)
etc.

I believe this is more of a change in compensation policy/strategy as opposed to any Q4 cost savings trick.
Just my 2 cents.