Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Big if true. These sort of prices were forecast for 2030.
Takes EV below parity price, killer blow for ICE.
Makes it clearer that RE + storage is the way.
Has to be a good time to be in EVs and megapacks, even if it takes a little gloss off 4680s.

View attachment 1009837

According to Brian Wang the cited price of $56 is for an unusual square format battery. But the prices may ofcourse put pressure on other makers and form factors:

i have a slightly different take at this point in time ...at least with my interactions

I had a friend (car guy) ask me about Chicago SC cold weather event last night ... he knows i have owned a Tesla since early 2017 and I never complained once about cold weather charging ... I think many folks are starting to question these media reports when they have friends/acquaintances that have owned Tesla for many years not reporting these concerns ... folks are starting to wake up the the fake news about Tesla ... i feel capitulation is imminent

I do agree it is taking way tooo long ... the FUD works for a long time and then it doesn't.
Yes. Those stories are basically user error (didn't warm the car up). Not surprising if they didn't read the manual. I just saw a post in another group where the Tesla owner had an X for four years before they discovered the glove box. The were upset because there was no place to keep the registration papers and whatnot.

I agree. The balanced non-clickbaity part was excellent!

But there are other with regular news episodes - would it be OK to share your best ones when markets are closed?

Brighter with Herbert - interesting guests - and regular roundtable with other Hyper Bulls:

Electrified - news summary:

Randy Kirk - interesting guests and regular news summary:

Regular co-hosts with much knowledge such as Bradford Ferguson and Larry Goldberg are appreciated by me.

Any of you guys have other Tesla newsy episodes you like to listen to in this post Tesla Daily world?

Cold car antecdote: my Golf TDI failed to start this afternoon. 19F when I parked it at work this morning. My strong suspicion is that the intercooler is full of ice and blocking airflow to the motor. This is condensed water vapor from combustion introduced by the low pressure EGR. Functioning as designed.
Go call fox news, it's an emergency! Don't forget to have your car towed and have the headline on the bottom say "Tesla" like what they did..lol.

Any of you guys have other Tesla newsy episodes you like to listen to in this post Tesla Daily world?
I'll chime in. These are just my personal opinions.

Must watch every day/week:
- Electrified
- Best in Tesla
- Now You Know

Other good daily Tesla news videos:
- Brighter with Herbert Ong
- Matt Pocius
- Jacob Hilton
- Solving the Money Problem
- Ryan Shaw
- Farzad Mesbahi

TSLA techical stock price analysis:
- The Stocks Channel
- Access A Trader
- Wicked Stocks
- Daily Trader

There are so many more. But these are what are on my subscription list. These are all either pro-Tesla or neutral. The ones I tend to stay away from are the ridiculously optimistic viewpoints. I include Warren Redlich and Randy Kirk in this group -- just not my cup of tea. Some would include Herbert Ong and Solving the Money Problem in this group as well, but I find them informative (Herbert Ong) and/or entertaining (Solving the Money Problem).

The ones I tend to stay away from are the ridiculously optimistic viewpoints. I include Warren Redlich and Randy Kirk in this group -- just not my cup of tea.

Yeah I agree that Randy is on the optimistic side! But then he has several knowledgeable guests that helps to drag him back to earth. Bradford Ferguson, Larry Goldberg, Brian White, Nicholas Gibbs mfl. I find this kind of dynamic helpful. And he now thinks we might be heading into a recession - so his optimism is toned down.

Edit: Added words about dynamic.

Last edited:
Way OT... but I'm sure many out there ask this same question today.

I'm looking for a older hybrid for someone, something great on gas $$$ but under $7K. Early Prius claim to have oil leaks... so? They're old, right? Yes they may need a battery, but some had it done already and they're pretty small anyway. Or are we looking in the wrong direction? How would you get around with $7K and 4 kids efficiently/safely? Overnight charging is fine. 100 mi per day driven.

I added a question to Say for the upcoming ER, go vote!

IMG_5197.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe when I see it. First of all, it will be regional. Then there is still an infinite amount of fake money flowing into ICE everything and associates. Corrupt politicians are of no help. Tesla has been fighting this war alone. The 'media' is financed by all organized crime adverts. That media does reach out to 90% plus ignorant audience. Another coworker asked me instantly if I had trouble getting in due to cold based on what he saw on TV. This seem not to ever end.
And yesterday I drove from Belleville ON to Kanata ON via Hwy 7 (two lane provincial highway).

Temp was -10° C, moderate snow the whole way, plows unable to keep up.

All roads were slush covered.

Tanker trucks full of some sort of ICE fuel impeding the efficient flow of traffic (funny how the energy delivery system for my car never holds up traffic).

When I got home (and into the wash bay at our apartment complex), every square centimetre of exposed frontal area was covered in salty/sand infused ice.

The wheel wells were totally packed with ice such that the tires had ice skirts around them; those skirts created their own exposed frontal area that extended sideways so the car looked like it had Batmobile fender flair add ons.

Point being, the car spent the night outdoors in -18° temperatures and the exterior meteorological conditions had no effect on my drive home, from a passenger comfort point of view (240 km distance driven).

Way OT... but I'm sure many out there ask this same question today.

I'm looking for a older hybrid for someone, something great on gas $$$ but under $7K. Early Prius claim to have oil leaks... so? They're old, right? Yes they may need a battery, but some had it done already and they're pretty small anyway. Or are we looking in the wrong direction? How would you get around with $7K and 4 kids efficiently/safely? Overnight charging is fine. 100 mi per day driven.
I had a 2001 Prius. No oil leaks. Denise drove it until it was totaled in 2012. Battery was replaced (2010 IIRC) for about $3500 installed. You don't charge an early (or even medium) Prius. Every bit of energy comes from the gas tank. Personally, I wouldn't use a car that old for 100 miles a day. More like ten miles to work and back with a few grocery trips. 100 miles a day is going to be like 2,000 miles a month.

I'll chime in. These are just my personal opinions.

Must watch every day/week:
- Electrified
- Best in Tesla
- Now You Know

Other good daily Tesla news videos:
- Brighter with Herbert Ong
- Matt Pocius
- Jacob Hilton
- Solving the Money Problem
- Ryan Shaw
- Farzad Mesbahi

TSLA techical stock price analysis:
- The Stocks Channel
- Access A Trader
- Wicked Stocks
- Daily Trader

There are so many more. But these are what are on my subscription list. These are all either pro-Tesla or neutral. The ones I tend to stay away from are the ridiculously optimistic viewpoints. I include Warren Redlich and Randy Kirk in this group -- just not my cup of tea. Some would include Herbert Ong and Solving the Money Problem in this group as well, but I find them informative (Herbert Ong) and/or entertaining (Solving the Money Problem).

I like your lists! Although I agree highly optimistic. (I wouldn't say ridiculously for the most part, perhaps at times, yes) it's important to know Randy Kirk by far has more manufacturing experince than anyone else on these lists; and his frequent guest Larry Goldberg (AKA Tesla Larry) has an impressive business career, though some may say he is overly optimistic as well. To me, their experince lends creedence to their opinions; and so I consider their perspectives, while also understanding they are highly I optimistic.