Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing more depressing than seeing nas up almost 2% and your portfolio in the red for the day. Oh well, we will get the last laugh in 2030 or 2040 or 2050 :)
Enjoy the weekend y'all!
Here is META chart. It dropped to $100 in 2023.

I think TSLAs turn will come ... Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 4.26.30 PM.png

+How many had conviction to hold META at $100? How many bought/added more META at $100? Most likely most sheeps want to buy META today ;)

Last edited:
Isn't CT supposed to charge at 800V eventually? If so, now is only a fraction of it. I don't think we have a full picture yet. That Kyle dude is getting weird lately.

Yes, but there is no apparent reason for it not to maintain 250 kW for longer on 400 V chargers, even Model S/X maintain considerably longer, as in, this doesn't give any confidence that it will charge any faster on 800 V chargers, might peak a bit higher for a few seconds and that is it, will save 2 to 3 minutes on a 40 minutes charging session, which is almost zero improvement for customer experience

But we'll see

Yes, but there is no apparent reason for it not to maintain 250 kW for longer on 400 V chargers, even Model S/X maintain considerably longer, as in, this doesn't give any confidence that it will charge any faster on 800 V chargers, might peak a bit higher for a few seconds and that is it, will save 2 to 3 minutes on a 40 minutes charging session, which is almost zero improvement for customer experience

But we'll see
It's about the same as the MY 4680 curve. Maybe it's a limitation on those batteries? Maybe they are playing it safe while they continue to test it?

Thanks for that. I've added my detailed opinion in Comment #63

TL;dr
  1. Elon was Chairman of the Board
  2. the Chairman controls the Board
  3. Investors knew that (or should have)
Paging @ggr Is this the thread you were referring to? Thanks again.

Cheers!
Yes. Thought it was obvious. (For some reason my notifications don't work at the moment. I wasn't ignoring your question, just didn't know anyone had tagged me.)

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Troy's current number for Q1 is 484k (so about flat to Q4'23 but ahead of Q1'23 of 423k).

Production challenges in Q1 are:
- 2 week shutdown in Berlin
- Model 3 Highland ramp in Fremont
- Chinese new year shutdown (no different than last year)

Production upsides:
- Higher weekly production output Berlin/Austin vs Q1'23
- inventory wave flattening likely completed.

Regarding the inventory wave reduction, see this table:
View attachment 1014767
I believe the wave flattening began in Q3 2022 and ended in Q2 2023 (see black box above).
The inventory build that occurred at year-end in Q4 '23 was to replenish the inventory draw in Q3'23.
In Q1 2023, you can see that Tesla produced 17,933 more cars than it delivered as vehicles were in transit on ships/car carriers.
This Q1, I expect to see a small build in inventory of about 5k but we may actually see a draw where Tesla delivers more cars than produced (there were some late ships at year-end that arrived early Jan).

Considering the challenges I mentioned above (Berlin shutdown, Fremont Highland ramp), I think Troy's 484k is reasonable.
490k would be solid and anything over 500k very bullish, imo.
FYI: Likely to see inventory increase in Q1 due to Houthi's and the Red Sea risk. Ships are now going around the Horn of Africa, adding time to shipping.

Has anyone ever broken down the relative cost to send an email? Because it is not free. Would be curious.

Amazon charges 10 cents per 1000 emails sent in SES, so 1/100th of a penny plus cost of time to write the email I suppose.

Email isn't free but it's really, really, close compared to paper mail.

Amazon charges 10 cents per 1000 emails sent in SES, so 1/100th of a penny plus cost of time to write the email I suppose.

Email isn't free but it's really, really, close compared to paper mail.
not debating which is cheaper, just curious what the true cost of an email is. I mean you need internet service, a computer, an email service, which has data centers/staff/etc., then an end user that also has internet service and a computer to receive it.

• Disagree
Reactions: replicant
I'd happily sign were it not for the financial penalty of Texas incorporate plus the unknown new corporate court. Were it to be for, say, Nevada, where there is a long and reliable history plus lower fees I'd sign in an instant.

And is it wise to incorporate a decarbonisation company in an oil state? What’s the state of play on direct sales in Texas? Did they relent on that?

Yes - from a Q1 financial statement perspective, this is a mess.
The auditors don't provide an Audit Opinion on quarters (only on the 10K) so they won't weigh in on this but I believe Tesla will not make any adjustments to Q1 and then provide a lengthy footnote stating the financials may be impacted in the future for this issue.

Regarding your 2nd question, I can see a scenario where a new comp plan to handle the post 2018 period could be more expensive than the original $2.3B charge.

Does anyone have any information on whether Tesla will restate earnings or modify in the future to reflect the court decision?

See the earlier message (above) from the accountant on topic. Probably just a foot note until this plays out completely.