Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with you with the exception I use Autopilot. 800 miles no problem. I can’t use FSD as it insists on moving to the leftmost lane which is inhabited by people doing 95- 105. When you’re only doing 75, this can be downright dangerous as they often have short tempers. FSD has proven to be a waste of money to me.
I've driven over 45K miles on FSD on highways and it's never tried to get in the left lane except where it thinks the route has changed by an Interstate exit. This appears to be a map issue because it's only some exits. It does move to the left lane to pass people but it moves right as soon as it detects a car approaching in the rear. It even gives a message "changing lanes to get out of the passing lane". Interesting that experiences are so different.

Yah. FSD is a fun widget around town but is not useable on the highway for the reasons you mentioned.
For me it's most useful on the freeway. If you don't want it to switch lanes into the fast lane then set your speed goal to what's in front of you and set it to chill instead of assertive. I have zero problems controlling it that way from the steering wheel. Then again I am not often wanting to go slow when I could go faster.

My TLDR takeaway of the recent SP crash and drama is that Tesla as a company is doing great.

The stock, however, was dramatically overpriced, and investors who bought in too high are now upset with Tesla (the Dan Ives of the world), when they should really be upset at themselves for buying a great company at a price that was just too high.

I include myself in this group. I don’t regret buying TSLA, I just bought it too high. I own my mistake and I believe Tesla will grow into the TSLA share price eventually.

What price do you think TSLA should be trading at right now? $188?

Whatever Tesla gives the media they will just do their best to pull apart. And imo it's more important what Tesla does that what they say, if Wallstreet want to leave money on the table that's up to them, in the long run what matters will be the real thing, not the perception.

I am fine with Tesla giving a vague guidance while executing towards 10-20M by 2030, while investing heavily into compute for robotaxi and optimus, while building new mega phacktories, new huge plants in mexico, lithium refining, LFP production etc. If wallstreet cannot see the writing on the wall for 2026-2030 that's their problem...

+1 on the above,

PLUS, it might force those slacker analysts to work up the numbers on their own. Ya' know, like, "analyze" them and determine for themselves what is going to happen?

None of the analysts who are able to do that themselves are squawking for mama-bird to chew the food and spit it into their open beaks. They know it is THEIR OWN responsibility to do their homework.

When we consider idiotic font size ‘recalls’, bizarre cancellation of Starlink contracts and the Delaware Chsncery Court case and decision…all together those are trying to stop progress in multiple ways all developed and/or led by the same aggressive, flawed immigrant.
Would be helpful if you were less cryptic, honestly don´t understand what you mean. Who is the aggressive, flawed immigrant???

Better than ammonia I suppose, I have just altered the post.

when life imitates memes..

b7be340c3f791f085e33dac3d6c0117f.jpg

Elon also publically told everyone to never trade on margin. WS knows exactly what it takes to harvest those shares, and will pile on the FUD to get there whenever they can, and take advantage of anything they can. And even apart from that time when he sold shares, the stock price had rocketed up and down many many times before, especially in the early days, when no one at Tesla was making any inflammatory comments publicly or selling any shares.

It is financially pointless (but natural, I guess) for anyone who trades in options to complain about others when their gambles crash and burn. They have only themselves to blame. People aren't FORCED to buy more than they can afford. They choose to play a game they have no control over.

Taking personal responsibility is wise; that helps us learn and grow. Being wise enough to see what is in our control, and what is not, and acting accordingly, is even better. It's not easy, though.

Thanks!

Nominated for "Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit".

Cheers to the Longs!

The immigration crisis seams to have taken precedence to solving Telsa issues. EM's X.com posts claim that Biden is importing immigrants to stack the deck for the election. Many EM immigrant bashing posts. This will affect institutional investor outlook on the short term.
In order to vote you need to be a citizen except for some local elections in some states. It takes time to become a citizen, so it's unlikely to affect even the 2028 election and by that time few will remember this "crisis". Also the bit about allocating funds to various areas due to the census is incorrect because the next census will happen in 2030, so adjustments will only be made afterwards.

In order to vote you need to be a citizen except for some local elections in some states. It takes time to become a citizen, so it's unlikely to affect even the 2028 election and by that time few will remember this "crisis". Also the bit about allocating funds to various areas due to the census is incorrect because the next census will happen in 2030, so adjustments will only be made afterwards.
Which leads us to the question - why the misinformation - a cybertruck marketing campaign? Revenge for the recent bullying? Somebody should community note his posts

Sending a few tweets just takes a few minutes, it's not going to affect his work on Tesla in any meaningful way. Besides, he probably sent them when he's in the bathroom...

Typically, you are right, I thought it was significantly more degraded that normal or I wouldn't have bothered to post here.

Repeating the posts would aggravate things. I hope I am wrong and can just be ignored. out.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
...Besides, he probably sent them when he's in the bathroom...

Careful! We already have critics complaining Elon "spends too much time on Twitter." With this revealing post, people might start saying he "spends too much time on the toilet."

There will be so much hand-wringing in the media, complete with reports from anonymous sources within his companies, expressing worry about a diet too low in fiber or other related health concerns. How can a company survive this?!?

Just wait...the next earnings call won't be complete without some anal-yst (punny!) asking if prune juice should be made available at Tesla offices...

I've driven over 45K miles on FSD on highways and it's never tried to get in the left lane except where it thinks the route has changed by an Interstate exit. This appears to be a map issue because it's only some exits. It does move to the left lane to pass people but it moves right as soon as it detects a car approaching in the rear. It even gives a message "changing lanes to get out of the passing lane". Interesting that experiences are so different.
Before FSD went to a single stack for both highway and city streets, I remember the aforementioned left lane behavior. But since then FSD on the highway has been just terrific. I can't stand to be without it on long trips.

Before FSD went to a single stack for both highway and city streets, I remember the aforementioned left lane behavior. But since then FSD on the highway has been just terrific. I can't stand to be without it on long trips.
I can't stand to be without it on long trips either, but the single stack didn't change this behaviour for me. That's why I think it is map data. I still get some 50 mph speed limits where the sign says 70, or 35 when the sign says 65. It seems to take two signs to get the car to show the correct speed. OK, KS and NE appear to be the worst offenders. Can't recall it happening in TX.

That's fine with me over the next year. As long as it stays above 133 I'm happy. Keep your expectations low to maintain happiness.
I would like some eat'n money without having to sell at a ridiculous price. The eat'n money from a few years ago is almost gone.