Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If true, I wonder why CT production isn't increasing? 130 CT's per week isn't all that many...

There was a link that one could click and see the daily number of bins registered or something like that. I followed it for awhile and then it quit working.

I wonder if there is some critical piece with availability problems. Definitely taking longer than i expected to get past 100 a day.

Reactions: Mengy
I commented on some such developments a few weeks back. At the moment Land Rover, Rivian and BYD are all being included in such plans. BYD has some advantage because they can and do package off-grid solar, storage and a variety of vehicles. I was informed some weeks ago that there'd been discussions with Tesla, but no hint of how they're progressing.

This business, safari support integrates everything and has the advantage of facing gigantically expensive fossil fuels. Maria Mara and Serengeti, contiguous parks in Kenya and Tanzania, are having enormous rises in tourism, but fossil fuels for both are trucked in, from Nairobi and Dar es Salaam respectively, on dirt tracks for the most part.

For Tesla such projects can be of major benefit in spreading the word to wealthy people in other countries.
As previously mentioned Ethiopia has banned all imports of ICE, already in effect.

Just imagine what will happen as more remote areas adopt renewables only. They simply cannot afford the extortionately priced fossil fuels.

Last edited:
Model Y parts: if I recollect accurately, prior to the Model Y release, Elon said it would have about 70 to 75% shared parts with the Model 3. Some time after release, Elon stated it ended up being around 40% I don't have video links to share evidence of this.

Emoji reactions: why try to make people conform to one way of using them? If you like using them, do so. If you don't, don't.

Communication: believe it or not, I had a classical education with 18 months spent going through "the big books" from history and learning many 3-Dollar-Words. For a time I focused on writing in a way I thought was eloquent. Instead, it hindered communication and I realized I really just wanted people to think I'm smart and educated. Better to write and speak at a 6th grade level and achieve understanding.

Paid FUD posters: yes, this is real and has been for decades. I've mentioned previously that I have setup and administrated several forum communities in the past. You can find people that will quietly admit to being paid to push agendas and topics online. It was one of the rare work from home jobs prior to covid. A search on Reddit will likely reveal topics of people discussing said jobs.

Layoffs: yesterday a chart was circulated on X with estimated probability of layoffs happening soon at The Magnificent 7. As far as I know, that was something made up without any discussions with those companies. And then today we see an article being shared. No substance, all speculation.

Last edited:
There was a link that one could click and see the daily number of bins registered or something like that. I followed it for awhile and then it quit working.

I wonder if there is some critical piece with availability problems. Definitely taking longer than i expected to get past 100 a day.
If we put this together with today's layoff rumors, maybe CT is holding it's own just fine as the limited Founder's Series (margin-wise). So they're milking it as Tesla looks broadly into all costs. Just a theory ;)

Maybe not much CT savings at only 130/wk, but at least it's likely positive at $100-120K. I know of another EV truck who is not so positive, and I think those aren't doing so well.

If we put this together with today's layoff rumors, maybe CT is holding it's own just fine as the limited Founder's Series (margin-wise). So they're milking it as Tesla looks broadly into all costs. Just a theory ;)

Maybe not much CT savings at only 130/wk, but at least it's likely positive at $100-120K. I know of another EV truck who is not so positive, and I think those aren't doing so well.
As I recall, the S took from June 12th to December to get to 400-500 a week. Tesla was making around 30 changes per week (IIRC). I suspect they are making the same number of changes on the Cybertruck because it's very similar to the first S--something that was never done before.

That is typical Elon Musk BS. He just cant help himself. No matter how impressive the reality is, he will pile on the crap.
You impugn Elon without fully understanding the context of his comment. I can easily imagine situations where robots are impacted by air resistance, such as picking up and moving large sheets of material (glass or metal) and I'm sure there are more.

One can be sure Fain from the UAW will jump all over this.

Yes, as I understand it, the Partner sets the price and then Tesla adds 1c/kWh on top.
Love it!!!

I just wonder how fast Tesla can make those universal chargers. The review I saw from Tom Moloughney showed it was the best he has ever tested. If Tesla pushes hard then L2 could be a major profit center.

And it would be great for the mission. "L2 everywhere" is critical for people who can't install their own L2 at home.

I commented on some such developments a few weeks back. At the moment Land Rover, Rivian and BYD are all being included in such plans. BYD has some advantage because they can and do package off-grid solar, storage and a variety of vehicles. I was informed some weeks ago that there'd been discussions with Tesla, but no hint of how they're progressing.

This business, safari support integrates everything and has the advantage of facing gigantically expensive fossil fuels. Maria Mara and Serengeti, contiguous parks in Kenya and Tanzania, are having enormous rises in tourism, but fossil fuels for both are trucked in, from Nairobi and Dar es Salaam respectively, on dirt tracks for the most part.

For Tesla such projects can be of major benefit in spreading the word to wealthy people in other countries.
As previously mentioned Ethiopia has banned all imports of ICE, already in effect.

Just imagine what willhppen as more remote areas adopt renewables only. They simply cannot afford the extortionately priced fossil fuels.
OT... they're gonna paint them pink for Sedona tourists, watch. "Pink Jeep" tours becomes "Pink Creep" tours. Heck, any tour in an open EV is so inevitable!!! Charge on-site and low maintenance.

For reals, did I mention my conversation with their former Mayor Sandy? I think Sedona is ripe for a boring tunnel, pass it on. Plus they can afford it, round-about's were not enough, it's at a local maximum so to speak. ChatGPT essentially tells me we likely need to drill for samples under Hwy 179, lol. Hermite shale seem to be at that level.

Model Y parts: if I recollect accurately, prior to the Model Y release, Elon said it would have about 70 to 75% shared parts with the Model 3. Some time after release, Elon stated it ended up being around 40% I don't have video links to share evidence of this.

That is how I remember it. Maybe it was at an annual meeting that 75% shared parts was mentioned, then maybe at some time further into Y production a message from Elon indicated there were significantly fewer shared parts, after all was said and done.

It seems like in at least one of the Y tear down videos by Munro they alluded to fewer shared parts with the 3 than they had expected.

There is nothing I can point to. But, I did a quick search for the topic and it only turned up references from 2020, at or prior to Y production starting.

• Helpful
Reactions: Drumheller
Do these people get paid to nag constant FUD? What's the pay? Do they score points somehow?
Or just nothing better to do and actually believe their trashy views? (Economist)
Maybe these jobs are not so "Critical" after all.

If real people then yes, some of them do get paid. Another part of the real folks have interest in everything but Tesla so they hate and do FUD.

The problem is that most of FUD is programmatically generated. Bots, fake media sites, fake articles, fake accounts. This is much harder to control. The average joe reads FUD because they don't know and don't care.

HUGE pet peeve of mine-

Long multiple paragraph posts, and all we get is one ambiguous emoji to choose from, blanketing the whole post, with no way to associate it with the part of the post we like or don't like. OMHO-

1- The pre-TMC revision emoji's from years back were much more expressive than the current ones
2- There should be a "?" emoji (= don't understand - unclear) the post) emojis to choose from.
3- How hard would it be for the TMC forum folks to let us select the emoji, and then select one (or two?) spots in the original post we are critiquing, so other viewers may open the list of member's reactions, hover over one of the member's reactions to highlight where in the critiqued post that member selected for their chosen emoji to apply? Or possibly hover the original post itself to view places in any post that other members applied emoji reactions.

IMHO, these would be very useful; if I compile enough inputs, I will forward these thoughts to the TMC folks for what it's worth.

Give the emoji's the power of more decisive, crisp meaning to save having to make so many replies, which, by the way, have totally gotten out of hand in this forum IMHO.
Can't you just reply with what you want to say or ask?

Reactions: UncaNed
If true, I wonder why CT production isn't increasing? 130 CT's per week isn't all that many...
May I dare to question Troy's projection of 130 Cybertrucks per week? Perhaps that was the number for the first week. Joe Tegtmeyer's Giga Texas flyover pictures make a higher production rate seem more plausible. I'm currently guessing more like 100 +/- 20 per day.

Can't you just reply with what you want to say or ask?

I've found it frustrating like you have. I think you and I are the sort of folks who value information more than feelings. Many people don't care so much about the reason, only that the thumbs down reflected the emotion felt when they read something.

There's all kinds of people in the world, so it would be an exercise in futility to change the icons.

For those of us who are data oriented, repeated thumbs down from the same user often corresponds with a user who either rarely or never posts anything relevant, or, one who is already on my ignore list. 😏

Is it possible that a "Be Less Wrong" emoticon could be added? 🤷‍♂️