Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other factors which have made TSLA red recently:
  • Beginning construction of a new factory in Mexico with plans for a smaller cheaper car.
  • Possible factory in Thailand
  • Giga Shanghai expansion
  • Roll out of FSD V12 to non employees.
  • Active AI use of rapid learning of driving by video observation
  • Ongoing and increasing cybertruck production, presumably they sell these for money (just a presumption)
  • Cybertruck is the choice of car for many celebs who are not into elon or what have but just want the coolest car
  • Refreshed model 3.
  • Probable performance model 3
  • Best selling car in the world Model Y, also passed most recent safety tests
  • Optimus can now walk normally, how long before it is performing tasks in the factory?
  • Refinement of roadster 2.0 with 0-60 in 1 sec, which apparently is not even the interesting part-- are you even listening Porsche 918 and Nurburgring?
  • Twitter remaining active while other social media platforms taken down by their own actions or by cyber attack, while MS realizes in real time the value of twitter as do advertisers who lost money on the other platforms due to downtime.
  • SpaceX launched another crew to the international space station and works hand in hand with NASA to provide a cheaper reliable option for humans and cargo to space, so NASA can burn money on single use Artemis
  • Saving US taxpayer dollars with spacex-- this one is for 60 minutes and another huge reason TSLA is down, because it is related to tesla and shows efficiency should be rewarded with lower valuation.
That shows us how emotional the stock market is while reading a perfectly rational post like this.

The only spect stock market sees I guess are margins gonna down….

Looks like two weeks downtime for Giga Berlin :(.

+++ 8:14 p.m. Production at Tesla will probably be suspended for a longer period +++
Production at the Tesla plant in Grünheide is expected to be suspended until the end of next week, which is longer than previously assumed. According to initial estimates by the US car manufacturer, production was expected to be halted until the end of this week. The reason for the delays is said to be complicated repairs to the power line, the company announced on Wednesday at the request of the Bild newspaper

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Looks like two weeks downtime for Giga Berlin :(.]

What are the potential consequences for the perpetrators of this crime? I hope the state goes after them with criminal charges, including for domestic terrorism (whatever the German equivalent is).

More interesting to me would be a civil case with Tesla suing them for lost revenues due to business interruption. The financial compensation would be the secondary motive (but NOT insignificant). Disclosure of all the sources of funding of this group of terrorists would be the primary goal.

Reactions: AZRI11
Sure it is. If you aren't at least comparing to the most popular alternatives then you're doing yourself a disservice.
Not everyone’s purpose is to make the most money in the shortest period of time. Indeed, a rational person would argue that history shows that to even attempt such a thing is one of the fastest ways to a cardboard box under a bridge.

So, no. It’s not a disservice to compare one’s yearly returns against other investments they didn’t invest in. 🙄

What is appropriate is to invest in what a person believes to be a good ‘investment’. That means putting a piece of their savings/money they don’t need in a venture/a business/a vehicle that will, OVER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME, return a larger amount of money back to them.

Regardless of the crock of excrement being flung all over the Internet, Tesla is a very good company to invest in. Anyone who says otherwise is either woefully ignorant or part of the excrement flinging.

So, can you or anyone paraphrase in less than 20 1000 page bureaucratic volumes what those approval hurdles look like? How many hoops must Tesla jump through?
The user Scrais from the German TFF Forum gave this answer for the approval of the regulation itself and a possible FSD beta 12 adaptation.
"It's hard to say - it should be available and formatted accordingly after a month at the latest. After all, everything has to be available in 3 languages.
In the worst case, we would be around mid-October for the valid regulation. The best-case scenario would be mid-September. But after waiting years for this, I personally don't care about a few weeks."
They are discussing if FSD beta 12 has to be modified to fulfill the regulation at the moment. I'm following Scrais who seems to be directly involved and will provide an update as soon as they have a clear picture.

Other factors which have made TSLA red recently:
  • Beginning construction of a new factory in Mexico with plans for a smaller cheaper car.
  • Possible factory in Thailand
  • Giga Shanghai expansion
These will cost billions of capex and create new lines with higher COGS per car. Expect lower free cash flow and profits. Plus, it's expansion just to make more cars without customers. Prices will drop and margins will shrink further.

• Roll out of FSD V12 to non employees.
  • Active AI use of rapid learning of driving by video observation
Overhyped disappointment

• Ongoing and increasing cybertruck production, presumably they sell these for money (just a presumption)
  • Cybertruck is the choice of car for many celebs who are not into elon or what have but just want the coolest car
Will not produce significant cash flow for at least 18 months

• Refreshed model 3.
  • Probable performance model 3
  • Best selling car in the world Model Y, also passed most recent safety tests
Yawn. Also nobody knows this, so it does not matter unless advertisement increases

• Optimus can now walk normally, how long before it is performing tasks in the factory?
Will not produce significant cash flow for at least 18 months

• Refinement of roadster 2.0 with 0-60 in 1 sec, which apparently is not even the interesting part-- are you even listening Porsche 918 and Nurburgring?
Still vaporware. Also 4 years late

• Twitter remaining active while other social media platforms taken down by their own actions or by cyber attack, while MS realizes in real time the value of twitter as do advertisers who lost money on the other platforms due to downtime.
  • SpaceX launched another crew to the international space station and works hand in hand with NASA to provide a cheaper reliable option for humans and cargo to space, so NASA can burn money on single use Artemis
  • Saving US taxpayer dollars with spacex-- this one is for 60 minutes and another huge reason TSLA is down, because it is related to tesla and shows efficiency should be rewarded with lower valuation.
Irrelevant to TSLA

The entire Covid fiasco in BOTH directions. Why aren’t you the richest man in the world by this point? Why didn’t you put all your wealth on the line in both directions instead of playing with the money in your piggybank? I mean, remember that one day where the SP dropped - help me out @Artful Dodger - was it 30%? $900-$600? or something.

Lol, I don't know about that, but the big one you missed was also the best entry point into TSLA stock in the past 12 years: the $EC round 2 in May 2019. I kudda fattened my walley by 50% if ida jus sold everything before it was public knowledge, and magically bought back against the grain. Oooh, eyes so stoopid... :p

BTW, I suspect this individual is crowing about the rumored DJT/ERM meeting that left-wing MSM was afraid about. Rumor-mongering on forums is good for certain styles of investing, apparently... So, NOT being afraid, I posted about it in "OFF TOPIC GALORE" 14 hrs ago: (where all replies belong, please) OT-G #2,803

Cheers to the Longs!