Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple more articles on it:

Interesting quote from the latter:

It will be interesting to see what "advanced gasoline" means....
A common sense idea passed along ( which means it was never followed through) was to increase the octane which made ICEs get better fuel economy and much cleaner emissions. It was like 94 or something higher and did away with lower octane fuels. F1 proved that synthetic fuels can work, and supposedly that is where F1 is going in the future, but do not know the cost or emissions.

TSLA performs prettey bad today. Up to $178 and then dropped $3.56 from pre-close to $172 now.
Looks like many are just heading for the exit ahead of P&D thinking they’ll buy back lower in the following days.
Chartist will tell you there’s a gap at 143 that wants to be filled, and this P&D looks perfect for that.
They could be right … or they could be wrong, I personally couldn’t care less.
All I hope is these games will not drag on till ER … but most probably they will.

A common sense idea passed along ( which means it was never followed through) was to increase the octane which made ICEs get better fuel economy and much cleaner emissions. It was like 94 or something higher and did away with lower octane fuels. F1 proved that synthetic fuels can work, and supposedly that is where F1 is going in the future, but do not know the cost or emissions.

Well... that "advanced gasoline" quote in the article was referring to auto sales, not the fuel itself... very disappointing if that simply means an engine requiring 94+ octane fuel...

Looks like it was trained by other drivers, who always follow the driving rules... Lets get training done in some place where this is normal, like any big city in the Asia, and then see the results...
Interesting, perhaps it follows the rules because to be level 4-5 in Florida Tesla must certify that the car will obey ALL LAWS, INCLUDING TRAFFIC LAWS. No speeding, no rolling stops no nothing.

• Funny
Reactions: larmor
If they filter the Asian scenario data for drivers who are most successful with the least problems the training should work there as well as it does in the US.
To be really fair there should be two cities required to qualify for 'real world function':
Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon: no other world city has as many motorcycles, not even such classics as Mumbai and Delhi.
Cairo: After driving in>60 countries never have I encountered traffic quite like Cairo.

If we want to include difficult driving environments I suggest we add two also:
The Tribhuvan Highway: from near Kathmandu to the India Border town in Bihar, Raxaul
North Yungas Road, Bolivia
These two must rank as two of the most dangerous highways to be found. I still shudder!

With fairness, there is great competition for these awards, but none quite so perfectly exemplary of challenge for AI (or any intelligent life form).

Seriously, choosing such locations would yield far more 'edge' cases, figuratively and factually, than might most other places. These would certainly help develop AI survival skills.

Me thinks that Tesla really goes after those who brak NDA. It is not good for anybody/anything to break Tesla's NDA for 5 minutes of "fame"
It only takes one to start an anonymous rumor with enough details to make it believable. These leaks happen all the time. It could be an employee, a supplier, a contractor, or a "former" one of those.

Also, what do you guys see as the advantage of keeping it a secret?

Reactions: SmokyPeat and MD70
It only takes one to start an anonymous rumor with enough details to make it believable. These leaks happen all the time. It could be an employee, a supplier, a contractor, or a "former" one of those.

I'd consider this a good surprise for this crowd here and bad for WS and other tools. Moar cars overall too.

Are you one of those who read the ending of a book first, or, learn all the spoilers before watching a movie?

I enjoy watching the art of presentation played out as the creator intends, particularly when being performed by a master.

Fixed that for you.

i-know-nothing-rhbfpk.jpg

Juniper Mystery: I had a thought from the Universe, (maybe not ours). I just haven't heard any good answers yet, so why not an edge case scenario for fun.

Would there be any remote reason to attempt a semi-automated unboxed assembly that resulted in an unboxed Juniper in Tx? Why right? Is there anything that Juniper brings to the table that could be uniquely special for unboxed? Or they will use them to do it? Hey, body panels are already painted!

This got me wondering, what is truly different between regular and unboxed if you remove the factory? Same panels, same dash, motors, castings? What changes - bolts instead of welds that hold the sections together? Plenty changes in the factory, but the vehicle? So if you didn't have a model to build yet, but wanted to test some novel process.

And wouldn't we want all of the vehicles unboxed someday? Major retooling, but if it's lower cost, it may warrant some planning and testing anyway.

Ya, it's out there, I warned you. At least I didn't mention that Optimus was integrated into it already.

Reactions: Musskiah