Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla UK Customer Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just experienced Manchester (UK) customer support. Model 3 SR+ 2 weeks old with windows that seem to open themselves when its raining (a well known feature of Manchester weather). I admit it could be the way I open the door, touching the switches when I'm getting out in a hurry to avoid the rain, but could equally be rain in the electrics of the door. Made support appointment with earliest 2 months ahead (yes that's right 2 MONTHS). Then asked to send details and told the details I had given (recharging at supercharger) were not detailed enough and they had closed the appointment and case. What sort of idiots have I signed up with and spent £43k on. Don't Tesla realise they have a two year lead and will loose it very rapidly if they don't care less about their customers as they will be swamped by traditional manufacturers in that time.

Reactions: KenC
FWIW based on currently announced production #s from other car makers it'll be a bit longer than 2 years before they're "swamped" with competition.

Tesla's gonna crank out nearly 400k cars this year, and probably close to double that next year with the chinese factory up and running.... and maybe pushing 2 million by the time the european one is up in a couple years.

Most other makers "hope" to be making maybe ~50k EVs a year in another year or two due to battery constraints.

All that said- yes customer service is generally awful and they absolutely will need to improve it a lot or eventually suffer greatly for it.