Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla UK have done something wonderful...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish I waited longer now before rushing to order before the price increase. I had planned on ordering the car around June/July but ordered as soon I heard the grant was being taken away to try and still purchase at the lower price. I saw the delivery date of May which I thought was a bit earlier than expected but enough time to sell my car and gather the extra funds required.

They pushed my delivery date to March when I was not really ready for pickup, so I had to list my car for trade-in through Tesla to get rid of it quicker and borrow some extra money. After getting the finance sorted and a delivery date set, they knocked my trade-in back at the last possible moment after forgetting to do a HPI check until after everything was paid. I just couldn't get everything prepared including the money in time for pickup, so unfortunately had to cancel. Between the extreme push to pick up in March, the stress with the trade-in and poor customer service, it was just too much.

I lost out on the £100 but I was mostly sad about losing out on £2,500 discount which would take many more months to save up. I will return again soon to order and won't be rushed in to it this time! I'm a little more wary about ordering again however as the ordering process was not smooth sailing. I love Tesla more than anything and have been working towards the Model 3 for many years. If I was a generic customer and not a fan I might've been put off, but I'm not, I'm here to stay. :)

I wish I waited longer now before rushing to order before the price increase. I had planned on ordering the car around June/July but ordered as soon I heard the grant was being taken away to try and still purchase at the lower price. I saw the delivery date of May which I thought was a bit earlier than expected but enough time to sell my car and gather the extra funds required.

They pushed my delivery date to March when I was not really ready for pickup, so I had to list my car for trade-in through Tesla to get rid of it quicker and borrow some extra money. After getting the finance sorted and a delivery date set, they knocked my trade-in back at the last possible moment after forgetting to do a HPI check until after everything was paid. I just couldn't get everything prepared including the money in time for pickup, so unfortunately had to cancel. Between the extreme push to pick up in March, the stress with the trade-in and poor customer service, it was just too much.

I lost out on the £100 but I was mostly sad about losing out on £2,500 discount which would take many more months to save up. I will return again soon to order and won't be rushed in to it this time! I'm a little more wary about ordering again however as the ordering process was not smooth sailing. I love Tesla more than anything and have been working towards the Model 3 for many years. If I was a generic customer and not a fan I might've been put off, but I'm not, I'm here to stay. :)
I ordered an LR back in January for a June delivery.

They contacted me with a delivery date of 31st March, I refused, and they pushed it to June. The price with the grant is locked in at the time of order.

Did they pressure you to take March delivery?

I ordered an LR back in January for a June delivery.

They contacted me with a delivery date of 31st March, I refused, and they pushed it to June. The price with the grant is locked in at the time of order.

Did they pressure you to take March delivery?
Yes, they said I would only get the discount if I was to pick up in March. The car would have been £44,490 for me otherwise as I chose the white interior.

I didn’t get an option to defer delivery until a later point, though I really wish I could’ve. It feels a little unfair that they rushed me to pick up when I wasn’t ready. I don’t suppose this has happened to anyone else?

I would have held out for another week or so. I say this because Tesla do have a track record of passing on price reductions. It may well be that they haven't yet communicated their pricing policy updates even within their own staff. It happened to me without me having to contact them about my order back in 2019. Still, you've made sure you get a worthwhile reduction on your original order price.
The girl on the phone knew about the update to the pricing, but was adamant there was no way to change my order. I half expected when I emailed in to cancel they would just drop the price for me, but I guess they must want that extra £100 out of me!

The good news is the reduction pays for my charger installation. I've got some crazy nonsense to go through with trenchless moling to get power out to my garage, which isn't particularly cheap.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado