Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla update SMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for your reply.

As we have change you to the new price book, this also applied to the new FSD price book of £5,800.00.

Should you wish to keep the FSD at £4,900.00 we will have to move the order to the old price book, which means a higher overall price for your car.

Please advise on how you wish to proceed.
Tesla email
If indeed true, then I for one will be removing FSD from my order. Not sure if that is indeed in Tesla’s favour but spending £5K on FSD was already borderline insane.

FSD will increase in August again. What should we expect? a new order agreement...

This doesn’t make any sense. I don’t think they can legally sell you a product at a higher price than advertised (reverting to holder price to keep FSD discount). The previous order agreement was void when they updated the price.

Now they could change their mind on the FSD discount but that would be a direct breach of Elon promise... Can we trust Elon then?

FSD will increase in August again. What should we expect? a new order agreement...

This doesn’t make any sense. I don’t think they can legally sell you a product at a higher price than advertised (reverting to holder price to keep FSD discount). The previous order agreement was void when they updated the price.

Now they could change their mind on the FSD discount but that would be a direct breach of Elon promise... Can we trust Elon then?

Seems like they are trying to recoup as much of the price reduction they can.

If you ordered before the May deadline you should get the price for FSD regardless of the car spec and changed IMO reality is they don’t care

• Disagree
Reactions: RjbT3 and LEE3
If you want the car at the original order price - they will honour it

If you want an updated price - then you can ask for the price of a car as if you ordered it today

If they offer you better than either of these prices then you’re lucky

And if you’re really worried about £1k on a £50k car - then drop the FSD. It will save you £5k, for a feature that HE WILL NOT manage to deliver on (I hope he does, but it isn’t going to happen soon is it!). I’ve ordered it, as I expect to keep the car 5-6 years.

Isn’t it that simple?!

If you want the car at the original order price - they will honour it

If you want an updated price - then you can ask for the price of a car as if you ordered it today

If they offer you better than either of these prices then you’re lucky

And if you’re really worried about £1k on a £50k car - then drop the FSD. It will save you £5k, for a feature that HE WILL NOT manage to deliver on (I hope he does, but it isn’t going to happen soon is it!). I’ve ordered it, as I expect to keep the car 5-6 years.

Isn’t it that simple?!
You know this as fact or speculating?

You know this as fact or speculating?
The only provision in the terms and conditions for price increases are based on changes in tax or if you change your order when they say “ we will try to accommodate your request, you may be subject to potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date”

Otherwise it is an agreement between you and Tesla, for the product specified for the price agreed.