Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla v8.0 Update Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nerdy_Engineer

Brett - The Nerdy Engineer
Sep 22, 2016
Colorado
Hey guys, I just threw together a quick YouTube video highlighting the changes in the 8.0 update on the Model X. The doors definitely open and close faster than before. It's noticeably faster. I also testing out the new warning system in Autopilot and brought the car to the point that it locked me out of Autopilot until I turned the car off and back on again.

This update is awesome!

I noticed your driver side falcon wing door made a clunck on the open. Mine just started doing the same thing! Not a big deal, but interesting we both have the same issue. Something with the plastic cover by the mid hinge.

Nice video.

Hey guys, I just threw together a quick YouTube video highlighting the changes in the 8.0 update on the Model X. The doors definitely open and close faster than before. It's noticeably faster. I also testing out the new warning system in Autopilot and brought the car to the point that it locked me out of Autopilot until I turned the car off and back on again.

This update is awesome!

I'm an engineer & nerd too, well done on the video!!

Got my v8.0 (2.40.21) today and verified all as you did. Driving around places I don't need to go...... ;--))

I have my pet peeve AP back-road turn difficulty, to compare v7 & v8, but v8 did not solve it. It is a difficult offshoot/exit case, I may post later, in Pleasanton/Livermore CA.

Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
@cclaygo , I never really noticed that before. Is that not normal? My active spoiler is acting up again so I'm going to have to make an appointment to get it fixed again. When I do, I'll have them take a look at the falcon wing doors to make sure they're working as intended.

@BigMskiman , Thanks! Yes, I couldn't wait to test out the new features when I got the 8.0 update. I've gotten the interstate interchange/exit to work about 30% of the time. It might take more fleet learning or something. Overall I really like the 8.0 update. I feel like autopilot is working better now that it can track more cars with the radar.

@ebjohnso , I changed my "home" to the Tesla Denver Service Center for that very reason. Thanks for looking out for me though!
Haha, I watched the video and I actually live just off Colorado & HRP in the Tresana community. I screamed out to my wife that, "He lives right by us!!" Haha. We haven't seen SnowFlake driving around but I'll be on the lookout!

Thanks for the video!

@loganthefirst , yes, I live near there. I filmed part of the video at the Target parking lot in the Town Center, and the falcon wing door opening/closing was over near Ken Carl.

I've seen a couple of Model X's around that part of town and multiple Model S's. It's amazing how many Teslas there are in Denver.

@cclaygo , I never really noticed that before. Is that not normal? My active spoiler is acting up again so I'm going to have to make an appointment to get it fixed again. When I do, I'll have them take a look at the falcon wing doors to make sure they're working as intended.

No, it's not normal. The passenger side is silent and both of mine were silent until about a month ago. Oddly mine stopped clunking for about a week then started clunking again. Not enough for a service trip, but if I was going in for something else I'd have them look at it.

• Helpful
I just checked it out. I'll go against the grain. I'm not too impressed with 8.0. The USB music is HORRIBLE! I can't even load my file. It takes forever to load. I should have waited for 8.1.
My USB music is easier to use than ever, and plays any artist or song fine after update. B4 update, also no skipping, but method to get to it was harder.
Maybe your thumb drive is the problem, try another.

@BigMskiman , Thanks! Yes, I couldn't wait to test out the new features when I got the 8.0 update. I've gotten the interstate interchange/exit to work about 30% of the time. It might take more fleet learning or something. Overall I really like the 8.0 update. I feel like autopilot is working better now that it can track more cars with the radar.
v8 sees & shows bikes also, that is a very welcome new feature! Not sure about pedestrians though.....

My USB music is easier to use than ever, and plays any artist or song fine after update. B4 update, also no skipping, but method to get to it was harder.
Maybe your thumb drive is the problem, try another.

I've tried two thumb drives and it takes like 40 minutes to load the USB so something is wrong. It finally does load it after a long time but each time I get in the car it goes through the same long cycle of loading. And my music library while not tiny isn't huge either. Previously in the other version it would load almost immediately so sounds like some bug.