Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Van

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Buckminster
Let’s roll worth the “highly configurable”

Let’s take second row out of the 4/6 MX. and the second row out of the MY and let’s make 2-4 rows behind the driver. Pick and choose what seating configuration you want.

How big a van are we talking about? Small, medium, large? My guess is Transit Connect size. It’s not getting air suspension.

Cyber Van! I’m in. Let’s do FWD for every row of seats! An we can’t forget about the camper conversions. ;)

EV conversion kit for Ram Pro Master​

- Specifications ProMaster 2500 & 3500 -​

Motor
  • Power : 210 kw / 281 HP
  • Torque : 350 Nm / 258 ft-lb
  • Power : 250 kW/340 hp*
  • Torque: 445 Nm/328 ft-lb

Battery
  • Capacity : 74 kWh
  • Voltage : 360 Volt
  • Regen braking : Up to 85 kW
Performance
  • 0-100 km : 8.5 sec
  • Top speed : 160 km/h
  • Maximum payload : 4100 lbs

Range
  • Range : 200 to 250 km*
  • With payload : 175-225 km
  • Level 2 : 6.5 h
  • Level 3 :
      • 50 kW - 1,5 h
      • 100 kW - 50 min
Safety
  • Airbags (SRS)
  • Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
  • Traction control
  • Slip control
  • Rollover control (ESC)
Warranty
  • 2 years / 25 000 km
*Range may vary depending on temperature, load, etc.
*Optional more powerful motor

EV conversion kit for Ram Pro Master​

- Specifications ProMaster 2500 & 3500 -​

Motor
  • Power : 210 kw / 281 HP
  • Torque : 350 Nm / 258 ft-lb
  • Power : 250 kW/340 hp*
  • Torque: 445 Nm/328 ft-lb

Battery
  • Capacity : 74 kWh
  • Voltage : 360 Volt
  • Regen braking : Up to 85 kW
Performance
  • 0-100 km : 8.5 sec
  • Top speed : 160 km/h
  • Maximum payload : 4100 lbs

Range
  • Range : 200 to 250 km*
  • With payload : 175-225 km
  • Level 2 : 6.5 h
  • Level 3 :
      • 50 kW - 1,5 h
      • 100 kW - 50 min
Safety
  • Airbags (SRS)
  • Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
  • Traction control
  • Slip control
  • Rollover control (ESC)
Warranty
  • 2 years / 25 000 km
*Range may vary depending on temperature, load, etc.
*Optional more powerful motor

Any crash test data on the Pro Master? I have been unable to find much on any of the full sized vans. Saw one ford transit video crash test video from the EU. Removing the engine and trans axle from the front might change crash performance.

Canoo just received an order from Walmart
Wonder how much it would cost Tesla just to buy them out, use it for their van design. Seems like there will be a lot of consolidation in the EV market soon.

Walmart’s deal with EV startup Canoo comes with strings that includes not selling to Amazon !!​

The language says that for the duration of the pact, Canoo “will not enter into any agreement for any services involving the design, manufacture, consult, advice, lease, or sale of EVs to, or issue any equity, equity-linked or debt securities of any type, or enter into any agreement for the purpose of transferring control of the Company to, Amazon.com, Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.” The document also indicated that Walmart’s purchase order is non-binding.

Like Amazon’s equity investment in Rivian for a nearly 18% stake, Walmart also has an option to take a position in Canoo. The startup has granted Walmart a warrant to buy up to 61.2 million shares over a 10-year period at an exercise price of $2.15 a share—and vesting it immediately with 15.3 million common shares, the filing said.

Wonder how much it would cost Tesla just to buy them out, use it for their van design. Seems like there will be a lot of consolidation in the EV market soon.
The real question is why don’t they license Teslas tech or use it’s batteries and drive units. The answer to that is simply supply chain right now I’m guessing. They are not a competitor now. I don’t see a Tesla van in the next 4 years.

The likelihood that this doc is fairly valid has increased recently (confirmation that Highland is a thing):
1669706897802.png

Note the van will therefore be cyber.

Reactions: DanCar