Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Connector/charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 2 chargers from the store and only 1 arrived, the shipping notification said 1 more box than there was.

The delivery driver said "Tesla have been doing this a lot lately". He sounded dodgy when he said it so I saved the security cam footage.

Sounds like someone (or a group of someones) is up to no good.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tesla-online-shop-emails-ignored-half-the-order-missing-£500-what-do-i-do.259429/

Last edited:
I looked at lots on eBay before going direct from Tesla. I asked a number of different sellers why they were selling and they all said they had issues with their car and the charger was compensation. All however had either already installed a home charger or weren’t in a position to, hence their sale. In the end I went new direct from Tesla as there was only £50ish difference and I get the warranty this way.

I ordered 2 chargers from the store and only 1 arrived, the shipping notification said 1 more box than there was.

The delivery driver said "Tesla have been doing this a lot lately". He sounded dodgy when he said it so I saved the security cam footage.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tesla-online-shop-emails-ignored-half-the-order-missing-£500-what-do-i-do.259429/
I had the same ‘null’ on some of my orders. The stuff arrived eventually.
I looked at lots on eBay before going direct from Tesla. I asked a number of different sellers why they were selling and they all said they had issues with their car and the charger was compensation. All however had either already installed a home charger or weren’t in a position to, hence their sale. In the end I went new direct from Tesla as there was only £50ish difference and I get the warranty this way.
i did the same. I couldn’t be faffed with the hassle of something going wrong and all to save a few quid especially, as I’m already into £60k.

Reactions: BobBert123

I ordered from the website, prolly should have called the SC to see if they have any as my car pickup is in a couple weeks.

How long did it take for your order to ship?

I ordered from the website, prolly should have called the SC to see if they have any as my car pickup is in a couple weeks.

How long did it take for your order to ship?
Ordered 24th Feb 2022, received the first charger on 28th Feb 2022 so pretty quick. Second charger only arrived today though so still not bad. DHL and Tesla both blaming each other but fortunately we had doorbell video of the delivery so we could refute that the whole order was delivered.

So if it all goes well then you will be fine, if not then you will probably be fine. They mess about but they get stuff sorted eventually.

For what its worth I bought a Gen 2 HPWC with the long cable on Bay for $350 plus shipping. It was an open box but had never been installed, and included everything including the the top mount pedestal, although I did not need that. Been working flawlessly for almost three years.

Old thread but TWC query. 2 things:

1) I have a newly-installed Tesla Wall Connector Gen 3 in the UK. I have it set on a charging schedule to only charge between 00:30 and 04:30 so each evening I expect to get four hours of charge. (I have Randomized Delay set to 'Off'). However every evening (tested with 3 different vehicles, 1x BMW, 2x Tesla) - the charger only starts charging at 01:00 and turns off at 04:30. This is 30 mins short of the expected four hours and I can't seem to figure out why. The app shows lots of 3hr30m charging sessions. Anyone seen anything like this?

2) The unit I bought direct from Tesla didn't have a choice of charging cable lengths so believe I have the 24ft cable - does anyone know if I can buy the shorter 8.5ft one anywhere and replace it on my unit?