Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla White Seats-Normal wear and tear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All. Was wondering if anyone else’s white seats are exhibiting the wear depicted in the video. The side, where the seat compresses when you get in and out of the car, is cracking. I would expect some creasing but here, the white top layer looks to be defective. Like maybe it wasnt cured properly. Wanted to get some second opinions before I call Telsa. The car is less than a year old, with 14K miles. thanks in advance.

Feel free to not disclose but how much do you weigh? I've had similar wear on nearly every car i've owned with leather/pleather seats. Cloth seems to hold up better but eventually that sliding in/out of the driver, the friction and weight that accompanies, seem to create issues. My wifes vehicles, being that she is lighter than me by at least #70, tend to fare better so I've always just chalked it up to my weight (between 190-240 over the years).

Feel free to not disclose but how much do you weigh? I've had similar wear on nearly every car i've owned with leather/pleather seats. Cloth seems to hold up better but eventually that sliding in/out of the driver, the friction and weight that accompanies, seem to create issues. My wifes vehicles, being that she is lighter than me by at least #70, tend to fare better so I've always just chalked it up to my weight (between 190-240 over the years).
I’m 6 foot, 167 lbs.

Really depends on your service advisor. I had a SA do something on "good will" and another not even take a minute to say "it's not covered, it's wear and tear."

I read in another thread that a replacement seat cost is around $2000. An alternative is using a 3rd party upholstery company like Custom Leather Seat Upholstery -. I've seen some good outcomes by Tesla owners using it.
They can replace just the bottom cushion for 800.

Had a good look at mine and it's starting to do the "leathery look" from distress on the drivers side. ~6800 miles / 4 months old. Will keep an eye on them.

For $800 you're probably near both front seats being re-covered in Katzkin's.

I have have the exact same problem on my white seats. I wasn't too happy about it when I first saw it but now it doesn't bother me as much. I figured Tesla would deny me for a warranty claim and say it's normal wear and tear.

Hi All. Was wondering if anyone else’s white seats are exhibiting the wear depicted in the video. The side, where the seat compresses when you get in and out of the car, is cracking. I would expect some creasing but here, the white top layer looks to be defective. Like maybe it wasnt cured properly. Wanted to get some second opinions before I call Telsa. The car is less than a year old, with 14K miles. thanks in advance.

That shouldn't happen! To new for wear and tear...making me feel like I shouldn't have bought white!

So the mobil service tech just left. He agreed it was not normal wear and tear and replaced the bottom seat cushion and cover. Of course, the replacement seat cover had a 7 inch cut in the side which he discovered when he was preparing for the install. So, I will need another appointment to replace the replacement. Oh well. It was covered under warranty. Nice job Tesla!

My new Tesla X with white seats just got a hole and scrape just from entering and leaving the vehicle and shifting around inside to sit up upright. The car is less than a month old, barely 400 miles driven so far and I see a small hole.
D74085A0-BD4C-4E3A-9E84-933076FB1235.jpeg
3F81188C-36C1-4A78-91B0-86FE57F2B1C2.jpeg
2D7F5A13-93E2-4454-BA47-11959F955AC9.jpeg