Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla White Seats-Normal wear and tear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason I asked if anyone else is seeing this was to try and determine if its common or I have a defective seat. So far nobody's seats are cracking. Im hoping its just a bad batch of pleather I got. Tesla should be here anytime. We'll see if they replace it.
I'm about 9 months in with 12k miles and my driver side seats have "stretch marks" but no physical cracks like yours. the marks on mine are also running horizontally whereas yours are going vertical... seems odd yours are cracking that way already - i'd put in a service ticket, you never know, maybe they'll replace it under warranty. Worst case scenario they say you have to pay, in which case you can decide from there.

Edit: sorry, posted this too early - I see you already got the replaced under warranty!

So the mobil service tech just left. He agreed it was not normal wear and tear and replaced the bottom seat cushion and cover. Of course, the replacement seat cover had a 7 inch cut in the side which he discovered when he was preparing for the install. So, I will need another appointment to replace the replacement. Oh well. It was covered under warranty. Nice job Tesla!
Do you have any documentation from the warrantied repair? I’m going through this right now and the service manager is trying to say it is normal wear and tear. Mine looks like yours, but worse with an area about an inch square that’s flaked off. The documentation from Tesla approving the repair might help me as I plan to elevate this. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 130
Do you have any documentation from the warrantied repair? I’m going through this right now and the service manager is trying to say it is normal wear and tear. Mine looks like yours, but worse with an area about an inch square that’s flaked off. The documentation from Tesla approving the repair might help me as I plan to elevate this. Thank you.
Any luck? My 22 X with white perforated seats are messed up.