Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Tire Package - Lead-time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOTE TO ALL BUTTONVILLE AIRPORT APPOINTEES: NO TIRE BAGS. IGNORE ALL OTHER COMMENTS AT YOUR RISK. BRING YOUR OWN.

Start of the morning appointment. No tire bags. Andre seems like a nice guy. He sets up his truck at the side of the lot to the west (turn right after turning into the lot and drive a bit to the side of the building). He said all the foam padding is garbage so he'll line my car with it to help bring tires back home. Covers are also being shipped separately "next week".

Strange , I have seen same guy put the tire into the bags before put them into the cars.

I just had my winter tire package installed today after ordering on Dec 13, so less than a month which seems to be an improvement from earlier in the season. No #Snowmageddon so far in the GTA so the stock tires have been fine to this point.

I was surprised / pleased that they came to my house to do it instead of sending me to Buttonville Airport which is literally on the other side of the city for me. The installer had everything done in under 30 minutes and I'm now (hopefully) ready for whatever winter throws our way.

I went for the "no Aero hubcaps" look with the wheel cap kit since I find it more visually appealing, however the installer did have the hubcaps in the truck so I didn't have to wait for Tesla to ship them as other have mentioned. The installer didn't have any tire bags, just some styrofoam sheets, although this wasn't a big deal since a) the tires went directly into my garage and b) I got my own tire bags from Canadian Tire (the large size fit the 19" stock tires/rims without issue).

Attachments

• IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: mahagala
I just had my winter tire package installed today after ordering on Dec 13, so less than a month which seems to be an improvement from earlier in the season. No #Snowmageddon so far in the GTA so the stock tires have been fine to this point.

I was surprised / pleased that they came to my house to do it instead of sending me to Buttonville Airport which is literally on the other side of the city for me. The installer had everything done in under 30 minutes and I'm now (hopefully) ready for whatever winter throws our way.

I went for the "no Aero hubcaps" look with the wheel cap kit since I find it more visually appealing, however the installer did have the hubcaps in the truck so I didn't have to wait for Tesla to ship them as other have mentioned. The installer didn't have any tire bags, just some styrofoam sheets, although this wasn't a big deal since a) the tires went directly into my garage and b) I got my own tire bags from Canadian Tire (the large size fit the 19" stock tires/rims without issue).
Hmm. I ordered Nov 6 and still no word from Tesla on my order. I sent an email earlier this week but did not get a response.
Did you get a shipping notification? Or just the contact to schedule the install?
Luckily we haven’t really had any snow this year in Boston, but I’m guessing that might not last.

Did you get a shipping notification? Or just the contact to schedule the install?
Luckily we haven’t really had any snow this year in Boston, but I’m guessing that might not last.

I ordered on Dec 14 and got an order confirmation email later that day, then received a call from the local Tesla SC on the Dec 21 advising that I would receive a call within 2-4 weeks from the 3rd party tire installation company who was doing work on their behalf. That call came on Jan 8 and the install was done on the morning of Jan 9 at my house.

If you haven't heard anything since November you should call the SC that you chose to have the tires delivered to and see if they know what's up with your order. If that doesn't get anywhere, try logging into your Tesla account and using the Request Help button to send them an email. Make sure to check the "Escalate this concern for executive review" option which should result in some sort of return contact within 24-48 hours.

I have a set of 22 inch tires and wheels which are brand new never used in my garage for sale in case you are thinking of canceling the order. They are rated all-season.

Never used !

Model X 22" Tesla Turbine wheels and Pirelli high performance tires to sharpen steering response and increase cornering stability.

Includes:

• 2 x 22X9.0 Turbine wheels
  • 2 x 22X10.0 Turbine wheels
  • 2 x 265/35R22- Pirelli Scorpion tires
  • 2 x 285/35R22- Pirelli Scorpion tires
  • 4 x tire pressure sensors
  • 4 x Tesla logo wheel caps
Retails at Tesla at $8600 + GST = $9718

Will sell for $4500 cash !!!

Robert
905-906-8203