Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wireless charger sux!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not my problem, my iPhone actually charges but then it overheats and stops. Not sure, like I said, my Android never had an issue.
This *is* the problem. With the coils so far from each other they create heat rather than charge (well, they'd create heat anyway but it's much more this way). As the phone gets hotter it'll first dim the screen, then stop charging. Smart device!

Is there a way to make the wireless charger work? Change the hardware? Older MYs are able to replace this with a aftermarket but with MYs 2022 seems not possible?
Had the same problem and was going to schedule a service appointment. I was told if I placed it bottom up, it would work. Sure enough, both sides work perfectly like that.

To be clear, not upside down - still back of phone touching, but bottom up/top down. It's a little annoying - especially if you want to use Waze or the like, but it does charge.

My Pixel 6 Pro charges inconsistently on the pad. It often recognizes it instantly but when I look at it later, it's often not actually charging. I think the charging coils are just not optimally placed for my specific phone. I've had other people put their phone on the pad and it charges just fine.

Had the same problem and was going to schedule a service appointment. I was told if I placed it bottom up, it would work. Sure enough, both sides work perfectly like that.

To be clear, not upside down - still back of phone touching, but bottom up/top down. It's a little annoying - especially if you want to use Waze or the like, but it does charge.
I tried it with my 13pro max but didn’t work. Tesla is annoying