Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y 7 seater delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a new update and it's a disaster :(

Order placed: July 14

So I called the Service Center and
They told me not to go by the account dates and they checked in their system and gave me a delivery date of October 21st. A whole month and a half longer. Ahhhhhh.

Just checked my account again

Estimated Delivery: October 14 - November 03

Did find out the 7 seater doesn't come with any mats not even carpet for the 3rd type seats and will have front mud flaps and rear ppf installed.

The only silver lining is that by the time I finally get it the car will count as a 2022 model and not a 2021.

Well there you go got pushed back.
Sorry didn't mean it like that 😢

Reactions: amkar

They told me not to go by the account dates and they checked in their system and gave me a delivery date of October 21st. A whole month and a half longer. Ahhhhhh.

Did find out the 7 seater doesn't come with any mats not even carpet for the 3rd type seats and will have front mud flaps and rear ppf installed.

The only silver lining is that by the time I finally get it the car will count as a 2022 model and not a 2021.

I ordered 1 day after you on 7/15. My most recent Edd is 10/13-11/2

Oh that’s good to know. So if we get delivery in end of October or November it’ll be a 2022 model?

Hey Everyone…love this forum/support group. Ordered my LRMY 7 Seater, Grey, White Interior, Black Wheels, Tow, No FSD on 05/02/2021 in NorCal. EDD changed over 30 times from end of June to end of October without any communication. Called/Texted/Emailed SA numerous times without any real information provided. Walked into to two different dealerships to see if they could help and they both stated there was a car identified for me, but no VIN assigned. Just last week I emotionally surrender that the car would be a Christmas Present. Yesterday EDD was 08/16-08/28.

To my surprise my this morning I got the Blue Tesla Vision Order Confirmation Button. I confirmed the order at 07:37. Account updated at 07:41 with VIN and EDD 08/17-20. At 0805 I received a text from the delivery team to check my account for updated delivery appointment and behold there it was. Home delivery 08/19!

Fingers crossed it sticks, but this was the fasted and most information I have received in over 105 days since order was confirmed.

I am trying to not get my hopes up, but I am so excited. Hang in there everyone. With the chip shortage, and globally disrupted supply chains there isn’t any continuity of manufacturing. I will follow up when I do receive the vehicle. Good luck everyone.

I was thinking of changing my order from 5 seater to 7 seater. Has anyone done that? Do you know what delays it might add? I ordered July 17th. Right now estimated deliver is end of October-November.
I ordered mine on 8/1, and edd is in November.

I know new orders are now in next year so I am not sure if yours will fall in the back of the line as a new config, or stay the spot in queue with an amendment.

I say call your SA and ask them.

• Funny
Reactions: dyau
I ordered mine on 8/1, and edd is in November.

I know new orders are now in next year so I am not sure if yours will fall in the back of the line as a new config, or stay the spot in queue with an amendment.

I say call your SA and ask them.
Ok thanks. I tried calling and emailing. Unsuccessfully so far. I no longer have the option to modify my order from the site also. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

Ok thanks. I tried calling and emailing. Unsuccessfully so far. I no longer have the option to modify my order from the site also. Hopefully they get back to me soon.
Is there a gallery or whatever they are called near you?

I had test driven the car before ordering, so I actually grabbed the names of a few people. When I placed my order and obviously needed help after, lol, I called the gallery and talked to the person I wanted and he got me all straightened out.
I could picture him rolling his eyes though, as he suggested ordering through him rather than on my own! 🤣

Ordered a 7 seater model Y - white with black, no other extras.

I put my order in on May 5th. Originally they said June. My current car lease was up in August so I had plenty of time.
But now I’m without a car, I have three kids that start school next week and have no other car.

My estimated delivery kept getting pushed. At one point in July I got assigned a VIN and was so excited and the next day it was gone.

Every week this estimated date gets pushed. What am I supposed to do?

Currently it shows - Estimated Delivery: August 19 - September 07

I’m in SoCal and losing my mind.

Is there a gallery or whatever they are called near you?

I had test driven the car before ordering, so I actually grabbed the names of a few people. When I placed my order and obviously needed help after, lol, I called the gallery and talked to the person I wanted and he got me all straightened out.
I could picture him rolling his eyes though, as he suggested ordering through him rather than on my own! 🤣
I got a hold of someone I was emailing in Tesla that arranged my first test drive. He told me he can change the order and it wouldn't affect my delivery date. Now im sure that is ensuring that all the parts for a 7 seat config are available.

Im in a similar position as ⬆️ mayts. My current lease ends in November so im hoping I get the car in time. Especially since im being called back into work sometime in the future months.

Ordered a 7 seater model Y - white with black, no other extras.

I put my order in on May 5th. Originally they said June. My current car lease was up in August so I had plenty of time.
But now I’m without a car, I have three kids that start school next week and have no other car.

My estimated delivery kept getting pushed. At one point in July I got assigned a VIN and was so excited and the next day it was gone.

Every week this estimated date gets pushed. What am I supposed to do?

Currently it shows - Estimated Delivery: August 19 - September 07

I’m in SoCal and losing my mind.
I got a hold of someone I was emailing in Tesla that arranged my first test drive. He told me he can change the order and it wouldn't affect my delivery date. Now im sure that is ensuring that all the parts for a 7 seat config are available.

Im in a similar position as ⬆️ mayts. My current lease ends in November so im hoping I get the car in time. Especially since im being called back into work sometime in the future months.
Ordered May 29th. My lease was up Aug 7th. GM let's m wxtwns my lease up to 6 months. One month at a time. Only thing that stinks is I have to watch my miles. Hoping for a vin soon!

I think 7 seaters will get carpet mats for first and second row. You'll need to buy third row mats separately from Tesla accessories site. In the west coast particularly Cali, I did not hear anyone got PPF and front mud flaps installed.

I need to sell my current car, so I am debating when to do it, to maximize the $$ I get for it. We just started going back to the office once a week, so I am completely in a pickle!
I am thinking of using a rental service that I have used before, and rent a car for one day when I need it. Prolly cheaper and less hectic that way.
My brother's car is in the driveway mostly too, he works from home as well, but I don't want to take the car and then find out he needed it that day.