Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y 7 seater delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 7 pass, got a VIN 4 weeks later, confirmed a delivery appt 2 weeks later, then 30 min later received a text saying the vehicle was undeliverable and that I'd go back into the queue to wait on another. I'm not a patient person so I did as others have done and repeatedly searched known zip codes for what I wanted on tesla.com til it magically appeared and I slapped another $100 down to hold it. Then I contacted the SA and had them move my reservation number (which had my partial payment on the first VIN that was "undeliverable", etc) over to the new VIN and I am picking up tomorrow in a city nearby. If you really really want your Y before Septober, I think that is the sadly the most effective way to make it happen.

I ordered a 7 pass, got a VIN 4 weeks later, confirmed a delivery appt 2 weeks later, then 30 min later received a text saying the vehicle was undeliverable and that I'd go back into the queue to wait on another. I'm not a patient person so I did as others have done and repeatedly searched known zip codes for what I wanted on tesla.com til it magically appeared and I slapped another $100 down to hold it. Then I contacted the SA and had them move my reservation number (which had my partial payment on the first VIN that was "undeliverable", etc) over to the new VIN and I am picking up tomorrow in a city nearby. If you really really want your Y before Septober, I think that is the sadly the most effective way to make it happen.
I've not seen a 7 seat LR in the Seattle or Portland area on the website for a few weeks now. There was one in Spokane that has close to 2K miles on it.

Congratulations!

I have tried the same but apparently no white with black interior 7 seaters , Gemini wheels and tow hitch are available as existing inventory.

I found the same without tow, chatted with Tesla and agent said since it wasn’t an exact match, they wouldn’t honor my reservation price. 😢

I had to do the same thing, I ordered June 5th and was getting a 2-3 month EDD.

Ordered: MYLR, charcoal, 7 seater, black interior

Kept checking inventory and one popped up at 3:30AM on Saturday night so I grabbed it...same specs plus tow hitch. Picking up on Friday :)

Reactions: Tesslady
Congratulations!

I have tried the same but apparently no white with black interior 7 seaters , Gemini wheels and tow hitch are available as existing inventory.

I found the same without tow, chatted with Tesla and agent said since it wasn’t an exact match, they wouldn’t honor my reservation price. 😢
That is exactly what I picked up from inventory 2 weeks ago. Hang in there, it is worth the wait. It was hard to wait for the install of the PPF before I could really drive it but you will forget a lot of the hassle once you have it. Just have to keep restraining myself from buying the acceleration boost for it.

Something doesn't make sense. I took delivery of a MYLR7 last weekend on the 19th, ordered May 1st. Had a June 2021 build date on the sticker. I'm in the south east and there were several people taking delivery at the same time. Mine was a black exterior, white interior, 20" wheels, tow package, no FSD and 4-miles on it. So they are producing them in Fremont and shipping them to the east coast. Is there something unique about the builds of people who aren't getting them with earlier order dates? I would genuinely complain to my SA.

Should note that build quality was flawless. Driving a week now I do sense a little vibration when driving on the highway which didn't happen in our family Forester or our previous Model 3.

Something doesn't make sense. I took delivery of a MYLR7 last weekend on the 19th, ordered May 1st. Had a June 2021 build date on the sticker. I'm in the south east and there were several people taking delivery at the same time. Mine was a black exterior, white interior, 20" wheels, tow package, no FSD and 4-miles on it. So they are producing them in Fremont and shipping them to the east coast. Is there something unique about the builds of people who aren't getting them with earlier order dates? I would genuinely complain to my SA.

Should note that build quality was flawless. Driving a week now I do sense a little vibration when driving on the highway which didn't happen in our family Forester or our previous Model 3.
I have a basic white with black interior,Gemini wheels and Tow. Thought it would be a common spec, but apparently not! Never saw any inventory car with the same configuration.

The same is true on the West Coast as well. I keep monitoring inventory and never saw anything remotely close to this configuration. Ton of Performance models though.
Yea I just checked Ev-Tesla and there are only 5 inventory cars left, 3 are MYLR.

I ordered back in April and the price increase + other costs for different color and interior etc are too steep to justify an ”Impatience Tax”.

For an extra $2k US after you purchase the car, you can improve the MY or M3's acceleration from 0-60 (and 1/4 mile) and about split the difference in performance between the long range version and the performance version. Think of it sort of like giving your MY an extra shot of adrenalin in the form of about a 50 horsepower boost. It reduces the 0-60 times by about .6 seconds.

This is a pretty significant improvement. So if you want a little more git up and go from your long range, you can add the acceleration boost. Tesla gives you a trial period to try it and return it if you don't like it. You get one trial and if you return it, the next time you buy it is permanent. I believe you have 48 hours to try it.

Since our MY has already gone up 2k in price, and my wife wanted to wait to buy later, I basically can add it now for "free". Not free but compared if we would have waited like my wife wanted, it sure feels that way.

Hooray for more delays. Originally ordered April 24th and have been patient through multiple delays and "Tesla being Tesla." Well, just got a call saying that delivery tomorrow has been canceled because of a cosmetic issue with the 3rd row, and wouldn't give me any further details. What are the odds I get a car before August?

Can't say I'm surprised based on my experience (this will be my 3rd Tesla and each delivery has been a cluster) but still disappointing. If only Rivian would have started deliveries of their SUV this year.

Reactions: moe0059
My EDD yesterday was 06/29-06/30. This morning when checked it jumped to September. But just got the blue button.
1624721094083.png

Reactions: moe0059