Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y sunshade install issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried installing Tesla brand sunshade. The right passenger side has an obvious bow and loose connection of headliner so clip doesn’t hold. When I opened package, there were 3 loose clips outside of the plastic clip bag so I suspect this may have been returned for the same reason. Thoughts? Experience returning “defective” parts to Tesla?

Thanks for suggestions. Tried reversing so Tesla logo facing roof, moved the bowed side to the left. Still too loose to engage clips especially with the gap. Guess I’ll find out about Tesla’s defective return policy. $120 too expensive to keep a product which doesn’t work.

I just tried installing Tesla brand sunshade. The right passenger side has an obvious bow and loose connection of headliner so clip doesn’t hold. When I opened package, there were 3 loose clips outside of the plastic clip bag so I suspect this may have been returned for the same reason. Thoughts? Experience returning “defective” parts to Tesla?
I purchase my Tesla goodies from Amazon so there is rarely and return issues. Good Luck

Reactions: GBearFan