Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla3Counter Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email that they updated their algorithm, presumably due to Elon's accelerated production schedule.

Elon said in the conference call last week that people should order now if they want to get their car in 2018. I ordered two weeks before that meeting and the site still has me receiving my car Jan 2019.

Their reservation number for me also changed. They added another 35K reservations before me from their previous estimate. 2 days before I ordered (4/15), totals were announced at 392K. I highly doubt I am 435K with Tesla not officially announcing 400K reservations yet (to my knowledge).

I think they need some more tweaking on that algorithm...

I got an email that they updated their algorithm, presumably due to Elon's accelerated production schedule.

Elon said in the conference call last week that people should order now if they want to get their car in 2018. I ordered two weeks before that meeting and the site still has me receiving my car Jan 2019.

Their reservation number for me also changed. They added another 35K reservations before me from their previous estimate. 2 days before I ordered (4/15), totals were announced at 392K. I highly doubt I am 435K with Tesla not officially announcing 400K reservations yet (to my knowledge).

I think they need some more tweaking on that algorithm...

If that site's numbers are correct, the behaviour you are seeing may be due to the fact that existing Tesla owners get priority. So as existing Tesla owners put in orders for #Model3, they go to the front of the line thereby pushing non-Tesla owners back...

That page must be making a lot on advertising and selling the emails that have been collected. I saw it in a sponsored Facebook post the other day.

They do say on their privacy policy they use the info for market research and offers from sponsors.

Personally, I trust tweets from Elon Musk himself or official Tesla statements instead of random conjecture.

There's no way the algorithm could be correct if it's based primarily on email receipt time. I camped out in CA and placed by order by 10:03 AM on March 31. I didn't receive my confirmation email, like most others from California, until the following day (4/1), at 2:42 PM. This tracker estimated that I was 181k in line. There were fewer reservations than that at the reveal event. Not even close.

I am a previous Tesla owner, email confirmation 4/1 4:50PM. Initial estimate was 37K, second estimate 24K.

As they never inquired when or how I made my reservation, reserved on line 5 minutes before ordering opened, the estimate must be solely placed on timing of email. I'd love to believe them but they might be placing a bit too much weight on those email times.

There's no way the algorithm could be correct if it's based primarily on email receipt time. I camped out in CA and placed by order by 10:03 AM on March 31. I didn't receive my confirmation email, like most others from California, until the following day (4/1), at 2:42 PM. This tracker estimated that I was 181k in line. There were fewer reservations than that at the reveal event. Not even close.

Exactly... I slept on it and reserved mine the morning after the reveal, right as EM tweeted they were at 198k reservations. There's no way I am only 20k reservations behind you.

Tesla should include chill pills with their tokens of appreciations lol.

My place in line improved a lot with this update. However, it still seems way off to me.

I'm also curious how they got their estimated delivery date. Elon recently said he thinks everyone that reserved pre-reveal will get their car in 2017, but this says I'll get mine mid 2018

Yeah I was in line in the afternoon on the 31st but the confirmation email this is based off of didn't arrive until 3:26pm on the 1st. Clearly I"m in the first 115,000 not number 200,000.....These guys need to change the entry date to the time Tesla charged your CC not the time you got a confirmation email.