Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi vs TeslaMate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do wonder what the rated range vs the ideal range (which are actual metrics that the Tesla SW keeps) is if not a measure of how efficiently the car is driven. Anyone got a better name for that measure?

It's "relative efficiency" - it is a measure of efficiency, just expressed as a proportion of a baseline number rather than in absolute units. Eg if your baseline is 6.25 Km/KWh then an absolute efficiency of 4.5 Km/KWh is a relative efficiency of 72%, and an absolute efficiency of 7.1 Km/KWh is a relative efficiency of 113%.

Hello, Please I managed to install the TeslaMate on the Raspbery Pi. I do not understand the idea HOW is it collecting data from my car. I mean when I go somewhere how will the Teslamate know my data and charging locations. Raspberry Pi is at my home and it is the machine connected to the internet and with the Grafana and something that can read my data from the Tesla.

There is no way to edit the post. Is Tesla sending data to the server all the time using API? How and when does it push data to the server? I did a few charges already and they are not there, and then I installed the TeslaMate/

There is no way to edit the post. Is Tesla sending data to the server all the time using API? How and when does it push data to the server? I did a few charges already and they are not there, and then I installed the TeslaMate/
As you post more to TMC and your post count increases, the forum software will unlock more features, including the ability to edit your existing posts for a short period after they were first created.

As you post more to TMC and your post count increases, the forum software will unlock more features, including the ability to edit your existing posts for a short period after they were first created.
Thank you dear Admin, I am a new TM3 user, I am trying to understand the idea what I have to do so Tesla sends my data to the server that I have created. Do I need to do any additional steps?

Thank you dear Admin, I am a new TM3 user, I am trying to understand the idea what I have to do so Tesla sends my data to the server that I have created. Do I need to do any additional steps?

Assuming your install completed correctly, you just need to open the TeslaMate page on your browser (on the same network as the Pi - don't forget to open any port forwarding on your router if necessary) and login with your Tesla account credentials. From there the software (TeslaMate) will handle polling Tesla's servers via the API to get the information on your vehicle's status, trips, driving, etc. Your vehicle is always updating Tesla's servers on a near real-time basis, except when it's sleeping, and the API is providing a path to that data to TeslaMate.

There's a lengthy YT video that explains it much better here.

Reactions: NCC81701