Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm playing around with Teslamate, and I have it installed using docker-compose in an Ubuntu VM running on my TrueNas Scale system. I was able to log in using the API tokens, and all the dashboards are installed. I don't see any data in the dashboards, but I assume that will get populated once I drive the car somewhere. The problem I see is the maps are all blank, for instance the home page shows my car is asleep, and the map is just a blue box that says Null Island. If I try to add a geofence I see the same thing. Any ideas on why my maps don't seem to be working?

No erroneous drives/charges, just that every drive on 9/30 doesn't display location on the main page of each Drives/Charges. If I click in to the timestamp it will show the location correctly. Maybe a visual bug who knows but not glaring since my data is still recorded as far as I can tell

I was still running 1.23.7 and had the same issue as you.
I update to 1.24.2 and locations started appearing PROGRESSIVELY where they used to be missing, starting Sept 26 until Oct 4th.
I waited a couple of minutes and all the missing locations eventually re-appeared including Sept 30th & Oct 1st.
You might want to have a look again!

Can't seem to post the code inline so here's a text file.
Hi,
I cant seem to get this to work. Followed the instructions above from init6. The panel gets names Gas Savings, but there is a read banner saying Panel plugin not found: undefined
not very familiar with what I am doing, so must be something I have missed.

I tried the instructions for russinating panel including the edits from init6 but that didnt work either. I got a syntax error
thanks
Vardhan

Hi,
I cant seem to get this to work. Followed the instructions above from init6. The panel gets names Gas Savings, but there is a read banner saying Panel plugin not found: undefined
not very familiar with what I am doing, so must be something I have missed.

I tried the instructions for russinating panel including the edits from init6 but that didnt work either. I got a syntax error
thanks
Vardhan
DM me and we'll try to get it working.

I'm just going with what the guy who wrote Teslamate says ;)

adriankumpf commented 3 days ago

Yep, looks like it. The API now returns trim_badging: "p74d" in case of the Model 3, for example.
Where I raised the issue against teslalogger on 27/mar

I've been trying to set up teslamate on GCS, but am having issues creating the .htpasswd file. I keep getting an error say .htpasswd is a directory, any ideas?
you likely just fluffed the syntax somewhere - if you can post a little more content around the commands you're using we can probably help.

However.... call me paranoid if you like, but I do find it quite alarming that people are happy to put something that knows your home address, movement habits, real-time location of your car and holds the token that has the ability to remotely unlock and start your car.. on the public internet with just single factor http basic auth and no rate limiting/brute-force protection etc to protect it (i.e. something that a 12 year old with an afternoon or two to spare can likely defeat). Sure, pin to drive will stop it being driven away, but still....

I would strongly advise at least looking into something a little more robust like cloudflare access/argo tunnel, zerotier etc to better protect it and not expose it all to the world.

Last edited:
you likely just fluffed the syntax somewhere - if you can post a little more content around the commands you're using we can probably help.

However.... call me paranoid if you like, but I do find it quite alarming that people are happy to put something that knows your home address, movement habits, real-time location of your car and holds the token that has the ability to remotely unlock and start your car.. on the public internet with just single factor http basic auth and no rate limiting/brute-force protection etc to protect it (i.e. something that a 12 year old with an afternoon or two to spare can likely defeat). Sure, pin to drive will stop it being driven away, but still....

I would strongly advise at least looking into something a little more robust like cloudflare access/argo tunnel, zerotier etc to better protect it and not expose it all to the world.
agreed, or host at home behind a proper firewall (maybe on a pi or something) reachable only from internal network

Reactions: dakaix and MrT3