Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The code for closing individual drives is in the Github page although there is a typo.
I've got a script to close multiple drives if there are lots of them. I'll PM that over to you.

PS did a double take when I saw Cessnock in the map :)
Got it, thanks. Confident I can get it sorted with this. Hopefully it resolves the issue going forward too.

Ah yes there's a cessnock in Scotland too!

Yes, but technically when docker starts. The YAML file is the instructions docker reads to set up your 'application' e.g. start Teslamate, database, etc. and the parameters for each component. So if you make changes you need to down and then up docker.
Beauty, thanks. That's more or less what i assumed. I did do an up after changing the yaml but didn't down it first.

I will do that when the script to close all drives finishes. So slow... (Pi 3b+ on SD card)

Thanks for your help.

I noticed I am getting the ENCRYPTION_KEY warning.

Added an entry to the yml (as below), bounced (docker-compose down & docker-compose up) the container, even rebooted. But I'm still getting the warning. Ideas? Thanks

services:
teslamate:
image: teslamate/teslamate:latest
restart: always
environment:
- ENCRYPTION_KEY=teslamate
- DATABASE_USER=teslamate

Anything in the logs?

This thread suggests you need to do a pull before bringing it back up.

OK, found the logs and the generated key. Added gen'd key to the yml file. Still not fixed, but I am seeing this in logs and wondering what will need to be done. I don't want to lose data. Confirmed, I *AM* losing data because TeslaMate doesn't see that my car is charging. Arrrrrg, what can be done?

teslamate_1 | 2023-05-18 14:32:09.847 car_id=1 [error] Error / not_signed_in
teslamate_1 | 2023-05-18 14:32:09.857 car_id=3 [error] Error / not_signed_in
teslamate_1 | 2023-05-18 14:32:09.870 car_id=4 [error] Error / not_signed_in
teslamate_1 | 2023-05-18 14:32:09.895 car_id=5 [error] Error / not_signed_in

Last edited:
OK, found the logs and the generated key. Added gen'd key to the yml file. Still not fixed, but I am seeing this in logs and wondering what will need to be done. I don't want to lose data. Confirmed, I *AM* losing data because TeslaMate doesn't see that my car is charging. Arrrrrg, what can be done?

teslamate_1 | 2023-05-18 14:32:09.847 car_id=1 [error] Error / not_signed_in
teslamate_1 | 2023-05-18 14:32:09.857 car_id=3 [error] Error / not_signed_in
teslamate_1 | 2023-05-18 14:32:09.870 car_id=4 [error] Error / not_signed_in
teslamate_1 | 2023-05-18 14:32:09.895 car_id=5 [error] Error / not_signed_in
Trying to login with newly gen'd access & refresh tokens, but TeslaMate reports "Error: Tokens are invalid"