Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it’s been covered earlier in the thread but Tesla have retired the API request which returns the list of vehicles. There is a request to return a list of products including vehicles, power walls, charges etc.

Teslamate uses the former and so get nothing, there’s a version floating around that uses the second option which seems to work

Whether these things keep working for long is another matter as the API is changing in general
Yes I believe this is the issue. Last night I was able to find someone with the same issue in r/TeslaMate. That person fixed it by using preview. I need to go figure that now.

Yeah looks like the API update is the issue:

[36mteslamate_1 |[0m 2024-01-27 21:48:07.628 [info] GET https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles -> 412 (105.261 ms)
[36mteslamate_1 |[0m 2024-01-27 21:48:07.629 [warning] TeslaApi.Error / %{"error" => "Endpoint is only available on fleetapi. Visit Getting Started With Third-Party Apps | Tesla for more info", "error_description" => "", "response" => nil}
[36mteslamate_1 |[0m 2024-01-27 21:48:07.629 [warning] Could not get vehicles: :unknown

Reactions: init6
I'm looking for a replacement for TESLAMATE (TM) since I think the old API will stop working any time now. I'd like to import my data (from TM or TeslaFi) but so far I've only found (partial) data import in Tessie.

Of course neither TeslaFi or Tessie are particularly good replacements for Teslamate

I went with Tessie. Import was good enough for me. I've been very happy with Tessie so far.

Why would there need to be a replacement for TeslaMate? Are we anticipating it not being updated, or is there something about the new API that makes it incompatible (e.g. it's chargeable?)
Purely speculative on my part, but believe the new API will be rate limiting self-installations like TeslaMate. Would require additional setup and developer registration which might be fine for some, but not all.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Why would there need to be a replacement for TeslaMate? Are we anticipating it not being updated, or is there something about the new API that makes it incompatible (e.g. it's chargeable?)
Have you reviewed the the Github comments and the Tesla developer documents?
E.g. fix: use product api endpoint to fetch vehicles by JakobLichterfeld · Pull Request #3630 · teslamate-org/teslamate which fixes the change in the legacy API for existing users but not for new/changed vehicles.

It looks like on-going free access (if there is any) will require:
A point to point on-boarding with Tesla to put cryptographic keys in place.​
A greatly restricted transaction rate (which doesn't matter for some things).​
Everyone that talks to the Tesla servers will (probably) eventually be required to be a "registered with Tesla 'developer'".

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel and cwanja