Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you use Docker the timezone is set in docker-compose.yml.
environment:
- TZ=America/New_York

Are all of the Grafana pages wrong too? If not perhaps it's a bug.
No just that one page with the charging data is the wrong timezone. I do use Docker. I put in the line above, restarted, and still no dice. Am I missing something else? Attached the image showing charging finishing in 15 mins, which is 2:15am tomorrow (defaulting to UTC I'm guessing) according to Teslamate, when really it's going to be 6:15pm here in Seattle.

Mine looks like this now:

version: '3'

services:
teslamate:
image: teslamate/teslamate:latest
restart: always
environment:
- ENCRYPTION_KEY=lxxx
- DATABASE_USER=teslamate
- DATABASE_PASS=secret
- DATABASE_NAME=teslamate
- DATABASE_HOST=database
- MQTT_HOST=mosquitto
- TZ=America/Los_Angeles

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 5.59.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 5.59.46 PM.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Just to be a pedant and hopefully lead people in the right direction, what you have shared is not a Grafana Dashboard, it's theTeslamate 'front page' when charging.
Had a quick search of the GitHub page and all the references to an incorrect timezone seem to be fixed by setting that variable. Would be interesting to see the logs from the startup of teslamate to see if there are any clues there.

Edit: Here's the discussion on this new feature:

Just to be a pedant and hopefully lead people in the right direction, what you have shared is not a Grafana Dashboard, it's theTeslamate 'front page' when charging.
Had a quick search of the GitHub page and all the references to an incorrect timezone seem to be fixed by setting that variable. Would be interesting to see the logs from the startup of teslamate to see if there are any clues there.

Edit: Here's the discussion on this new feature:
Yep I’ve no idea…

docker-compose logs teslamate

Have a look at the lines around the time of start up to see if there're any errors - or upload the logs here. Just be careful not to upload any personal data such as the GPS co-ords of your drives.

I'm hoping it will say what timezone TM thinks it is in. My TM has been up for a while and I don't want to restart at the moment.