Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslarati requiring paid membership now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
My husband asked me if Teslarati was now a subscription or membership news site. Said on his phone it popped up with a premium membership offer and he couldn’t close the window to read unless he was already a member and signed in or created an account (and subscribed?) I checked it out on my phone and saw same thing. Oh well.

Thanks for posting your experience. We’re on an iPhone on Safari and see this—so no X but after clicking on the partial white dot in a few different places it does close the window. So thanks again and heads up to iPhone users. You’d think web designers would test their sites on several platforms….

E878720E-EFC9-4DCD-ADE9-02BCDE4E0D6C.png

Thanks for posting your experience. We’re on an iPhone on Safari and see this—so no X but after clicking on the partial white dot in a few different places it does close the window. So thanks again and heads up to iPhone users. You’d think web designers would test their sites on several platforms….

View attachment 661212
If you are just reading an article, and not browsing around the website, ReaderView (activated through the "aA" button on the top left) makes most of those popups go away.

• Informative
Reactions: Skipdd
If you are just reading an article, and not browsing around the website, ReaderView (activated through the "aA" button on the top left) makes most of those popups go away.
I do keep forgetting about Reader View for eliminating page clutter so thanks for the reminder. In the case of Teslarati however I just checked and it was not an accessible option to use. Guess I’ll have to keep tapping around the area to hit the invisible X. I have another forum I go to which will put up a total “white” page ad, that I figured out to click on it at the far right corner to exit the blank page, so Teslarati isn’t the only one who has web designers who don’t view their work on different OSs.