Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas are being delivered too fast for Supercharger Growth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just finished a 5,300 mile road trip from MI, through MT, CO, WY and states in between.

Not once did I have to wait for a supercharger location. And I strictly used superchargers.

So in areas like CA and east coast, yes there needs to be more added and soon. For much of the rest of the US, it isn’t an issue quite yet. But allowing other manufacturers to use the SC network could create an issue sooner.

Last edited:
To answer OPs original question, I’ve definitely noticed an uptick in activity, but still haven’t had to wait yet on road trips here on the east coast.

My usual work road trips in the Tesla is from Atlanta to Charlotte and Raleigh,NC, and also from Atlanta to Orlando, FL.

Tesla appears to have kept up with supercharger stations in Florida.

To answer OPs original question, I’ve definitely noticed an uptick in activity, but still haven’t had to wait yet on road trips here on the east coast.

My usual work road trips in the Tesla is from Atlanta to Charlotte and Raleigh,NC, and also from Atlanta to Orlando, FL.

Tesla appears to have kept up with supercharger stations in Florida.

I have had to wait a few times in NH.

I just finished a 5,300 mile road trip from MI, through MT, CO, WY and states in between.

Not once did I have to wait for a supercharger location. And I strictly used superchargers.

So in areas like CA and east coast, yes there needs to be more added and soon. For much of the rest of the US, it isn’t an issue quite yet. But allowing other manufacturers to use the SC network could create an issue sooner.

That's my experience as well, driving through the Great Lakes area and the mid atlantic region. I have a pre 2020 Model 3, so I would need a retrofit to use CCS, but I'd say maybe once or twice have I had to wait on a Supercharger, and that was a small V2 location and only for about 15 minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
That's my experience as well, driving through the Great Lakes area and the mid atlantic region. I have a pre 2020 Model 3, so I would need a retrofit to use CCS, but I'd say maybe once or twice have I had to wait on a Supercharger, and that was a small V2 location and only for about 15 minutes.
Mostly my experience. Recent trip, returned Sun 06/26. 19 Supercharger stops. Waits at 4. TX and OK. Longest wait was 45 minutes to get into a charging slot. I was third in wait line. Other three less than 10 minute wait. Supercharger etiquette sometimes lacking. One of the waits at a 16 slot Supercharger. Four Tesla's in Supercharger slots without cable connected. It is going to get interesting when Superchargers are available to all.

In 2 years of ownership I have NEVER had to wait for a charge traveling in the mid-west. The problem is primarily on the “coasts” and Calif in particular.

Non-scientific observation: Just in the past year or two it is amazing how many Tesla cars I am now seeing on the road (small town near Sacramento, California).

Reactions: SeminoleFSU