TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla's competition challenge

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

2. 206er

206er Member

first time I've seen a SA article that doesn't appear to deliberately throw doom and gloom shade at Tesla.

Although, perhaps this is really just a backhanded way of saying the EV market will never take off, and that big oil ICEs will rule forever.

• Funny x 1
  3. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Well-Known Member

Hi. Any questions, comments, concerns or grudges?

4. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

Not reading anything on their site, i refuse to give them the clicks.

• Funny x 1
  5. zenmaster

zenmaster Member

Good article. I have no idea how BMW and the others can provide a competitive EV - matching or exceeding Tesla's Model 3 features for same price, in the near term. They will certainly lose some market share before they get serious. If they do manage to produce a competitive car in the next couple of years, how would they build sufficient quantities? But, I bet BMW's September 3-series EV announcement involves an accelerated production timeline.

• Like x 1
  6. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Well-Known Member

Check this out:

Volvo Plans to Go Electric, to Abandon Conventional Car Engine by 2019

CEO reiterates target of selling one million electric cars and hybrids by 2025

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like x 1