Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got an order for a M3P with the Black and White interior & FSD. I’ve spoken to Sales and they have given me the option to create a new order to take advantage of the reduced price. They couldn’t offer me a discount on my current order or confirm that UK PCP will be available by the initial delivery dates. Then there is all the current speculation about Tesla’s future and the fact that they have only a few months to survive. Is this just more Tesla hating? I want to keep the White interior option but financing will be fiddly without the dealer lead PCP. I’m wondering whether I could get stung if Tesla do struggle and I’ve paid extra for FSD with no hope of future support. Should I remove FSD, live with the Black interior and reorder, saving nearly £5k or wait to see what happens in the next few months or let it ride?

Tesla hating?
This absolutely what it is, the news is filled with fake news from stock market shorters who want to buy the stock at a super low price and then pump it back up again to benefit from the difference. Tesla is going to be around for a very long time. Ignore the haters! If you want white seats the only option is to keep your order. FSD will take some time to roll out but you will still benefits from over the air updates

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
This absolutely what it is, the news is filled with fake news from stock market shorters who want to buy the stock at a super low price and then pump it back up again to benefit from the difference. Tesla is going to be around for a very long time. Ignore the haters! If you want white seats the only option is to keep your order. FSD will take some time to roll out but you will still benefits from over the air updates
Now that is what I wanted to hear.

The rational thing to do would be:
-to ignore the FUD. They just raised 2.7 billion dollars on Wall Street without batting an eyelid, *after* a Q1 quarter where they missed guidance by a mile. If they have only "months to live" then there are some serious fools ;-). They have 2.2 billion dollars in cash too.

-to change the order if money is important to you, or if you get hints that the white interior is *never* going to make it to you in a RHD in an acceptable timeframe.

Unfortunately, the changes in the UK order page mean that they have built fewer white interior RHDs than what have been ordered and that they have no plans to fill the gap soon, so if you aren't assigned a VIN in June you could be in for a very long wait (in Continental Europe people ordering "Stormtrooper White/White" end up waiting for very, very long too, to give an example, and that's not even for RHD vehicles).

all the current speculation about Tesla’s future

Current? :p

That's been going on for as long as there has been a Tesla. Big Oil and Big Auto see Tesla as a treat which has gone for "Nah, never happen" to "Shiiiite" [ (tm) Bjorn :) ] ... and the Stock Shorts think they are going to Make a Mint ... particularly if they run a whole Fake News campaign to terrify people

If you are nervous then you can sit-and-wait or buy-something-else ...

Tesla making approx 500,000 M3s a year

iPace, eTron, EQC, blah blah blah all promising around 20K units a year ... WTF?

Should I remove FSD

You can buy that later ... plenty here recommend that you buy FSD only when it has an option that you want (which might, currently, be to have the ability to change-lane to pass the vehicle(s) in front, without having to disengage AutoPilot)

Another view is that sponsoring Tesla is good (to get us from Fossil Fuel to Sustainable Transport ASAP) and are happy to chuck the money Tesla's way for FSD "in the style of a tip" but also with the chance of either RoboTesla or, at least, only the loss of say 50% depreciation at re-sale

white interior RHD ... a very long wait

Anyone care to hazard a guess why White Interior and RHD is "difficult" to make ?

The rational thing to do would be:
-to ignore the FUD. They just raised 2.7 billion dollars on Wall Street without batting an eyelid, *after* a Q1 quarter where they missed guidance by a mile. If they have only "months to live" then there are some serious fools ;-). They have 2.2 billion dollars in cash too.

-to change the order if money is important to you, or if you get hints that the white interior is *never* going to make it to you in a RHD in an acceptable timeframe.

Unfortunately, the changes in the UK order page mean that they have built fewer white interior RHDs than what have been ordered and that they have no plans to fill the gap soon, so if you aren't assigned a VIN in June you could be in for a very long wait (in Continental Europe people ordering "Stormtrooper White/White" end up waiting for very, very long too, to give an example, and that's not even for RHD vehicles).
oh, so I may not have a choice

Opportunity costs?

t's clear that they're production constrained on the white interior even on LHD vehicles, and some time ago they had to decide whether to put the white seats they do have in LHD cars likely to be delivered in Q2 or RHD cars likely to be delivered in Q3 only.

Given Tesla don't have a dealer network absorbing the inventory costs on someone else's balance sheet, it's not hard to guess what they'd want to pick.

If Coninental EU experiences with “rare” combinations are typical, if you refuse to blink they eventually build what you ordered, but getting it can take 6 rather than 1 month.

I own an X and had to pull out of the 3 because I needed a hatch. I am also a techy so really want to enjoy the journey of watching autopilot/autonomy improve so I would get FSD. I think short term FSD will be a big improvement in safety and longer term if regulations allow it will do some impressive driving with the driver monitoring it in the city. I love my white interior so I would go with it. I would have regretted going for black now. Tesla is still a headstrong immature company with amazing vision and numerous execution challenges. A lot of FUD out there but it's not a conventional company so everyone will have their opinion. Personally I believe it will continue to transform transportation for many decades and with the Spacex link may be for century. My car puts a smile on my face everyday and the 3 is meant to be amazing and even more fun to drive. I would get the exact spec you want. Just accept with Tesla it could be all change next week!

Reactions: theoceanwaves
To see whether you have a VIN assigned to you, log in, “manage” your M3, then view the page source and search for "5YJ”. Sometimes it's in the source but not actually displayed yet. Of course until it's actually displayed the assignment is not final, but at least you know that for the moment they have put your name on a car.

• Informative
Reactions: theoceanwaves