Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's hidden feature for entering address or URL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoiler alert - If you want to save 2min 45seconds of your life, just use the calendar notes or address. Then you can click on them in the shared calendar on the car.
Let me enlighten you. Like many people with time to kill we come here and read about our cars get informed and waste time. Clearly the mere fact you posted the cliff notes means not only did you watch the video but you even had more time to make the post. And by example I am posting hence killing time. Boom!

Understoood the tip was helpful.

Just because you didn't get in trouble doesn't make distracted driving right. Hopefully you don't hit someone while typing emails on your display.. that'd be just one more thing for the tesla naysayers to rant about so I'm sure soon enough tesla will restrict the browser to only when the car is in park

I always just engage AP when in stop-and-go and trying to do anything on the browser.

Hidden? Hack?

Might be an age thing but a hack in this instance is a 'life hack' which is something smart that makes your life simpler.

The thing about this one is that you have to enter a Calender item (and clog up your calender) while sitting on your phone or at your desktop, all to save you the time of typing out a url while driving.

But the (far) easier way to do it is to just type it on the screen in the car's browser before you start driving. This eliminates the step (and clutter) of adding a Calender item.

I wish the car's voice command could work with the browser. That would be great. 'I. E. Go to Toronto weather report' or 'google the top 5 grossing movies of all time' or whatever you want.